35 coaches online • Server time: 14:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the thinking around redraft cap seems to assume teams might build large treasuries, but against this, spiralling expenses does kick in pretty hard...

Oscar Wilde
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 08:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
What is the pace going to be like on skilling players? We talking about that yet?

This is an interesting point when talking about the TV people expect to reach. You can now theoretically reach legend by 46spps, but that’s not a likely scenario as it would be all normal skills.

Legend is easier to reach for any player not choosing multiple stats, but Super Star is probably a better comparison point. You would reach this at 62 spps with all ‘chosen’ normal skills, plus 6 spps for each double you want, making a super star with 2 doubles roughly the same as before (74 spps). Each skill reached along the way will be a little earlier than before for a normal skill, a little later if that’s when you choose a double.

I think a more interesting upshot of this is that it allows much more tailoring of teams. The first 3 things that come to mind are:

- Big guys can always take Block as first skill
- Skaven and Chorfs (if they appear) can choose to take Mutations
- For players that really benefit heavily from stats (Vamps, Wardancers, Wolves) you can choose to take a stat roll and know you’re getting a great result whatever it is. Picking this as first advancement is building a solid base for a player.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Some of the thinking around redraft cap seems to assume teams might build large treasuries, but against this, spiralling expenses does kick in pretty hard...

its not as bad as it used to be. Plus getting 60k winnings will be common. The amount of money saved will never be huge though.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

New EM is soft all the way to 295k, and can't lose more than half up to 495k.

If you never spent, on a long season money would basically range between 200k and 500k after the last match, depending on runs of EM failures, but really no risk at all saving up to about 350k after the last game.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The average take home from a game should be about 70k.
(DF + DF + (2xD3) + TDs)/2 = on average (3.5 + 3.5 + 2 + 2 + 3)/2 = 7 x 10k
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 09:47
FUMBBL Staff

Garion wrote:
mister__joshua wrote:

Christer said he was thinking 20 in his blog. I dunno where 15 came from.

But also, Tussock who mentioned the TV redraft cap said it was 1300 so I don’t know where 1350 came from either Razz

There's a 2nd blog Smile

That explains it then! I’ve read that now Wink

Comments on the second blog, that all makes sense and I can see what Christer is trying to address. However I think it would be easier and tidier to keep the rebuy values as they are in the book and to have a 10 game season.

To people who only play perpetual leagues 10 games may seem short, but it’s longer than any league I’ve ever played in (which usually has around 7 games) and with seasons those always worked out fair and didn’t have complaints at rebuy time. It will also help new players who have the 2020 book but are new to the site.

10 games is also quite a nice ‘sprint’ length season. It would also allow more casual players to compete with regulars in tournaments on a more even footing, though the more frequent rebuyers will likely have a tighter team building process.

In 2020 seasons and rebuying are going to be a major part of the game, and people need to embrace this and learn the process. I think focusing on the fluff and history aspects of seasons could help with the change.

One thing I was a little confused about was the comment of treasury carrying over. Does this mean it counts towards the rebuy as in 2016 or it carriers between seasons, which would be a change? I’ve not seen the full season rules for 2020 so may have incomplete information.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
badger89

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

In the re-drafting is FF took in the account of the 1350K?

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Tomay wrote:
koadah wrote:

To think that I was moaning when I thought it was 1750. Mr. Green

As long as league commissioners can configure:
Seasons on/off
Games per season
Initial budget
Bonus per game
Bonus per win
Bonus per tie
Bonus per loss
Bonus per TD
Bonus per cas
Hard cap

I think that I would consider this a great day for the League division. Twisted Evil

Edit: Could we please have the ability to assign different values for the first season than for subsequent seasons.
Or different values for the first n seasons.

SWL currently give a manual bonus dependent on tier to have teams scale up as they reach the higher divisions.
For example
+100k for Regional Teams
+150k for Conference Teams
+200k for Premiership Teams

It has been quite a good alteration with teams required to compete at each level to win the big one. Also varies game play and tactics at each level.

Ah yes. Yes.

So really, we need an override where the commish can enter any arbitrary cap value per team.

Maybe a flag on each team to say that they cannot rebuy until the commish has done their tinkering. Maybe on the ruleset too, but I think that most teams won't need tinkering.

I suppose we'll need to be able to change a player's season.

Also, change the additional amount that a player's value increases each season.

Anything else?

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

So, are we expecting Majors to run with 1700-1800TV teams?

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I will probably play as much as before but only for tournaments and min max as hard as I can. I see no other point in ranked Division now. On the other side I will look for Leagues without such a cap and play in a truly restrictless environment.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 12:10
FUMBBL Staff

koadah wrote:
So, are we expecting Majors to run with 1700-1800TV teams?

I think the more heavily pimped teams will reach that level yes, which seems reasonable to me. They will also develop throughout the tournament and will put on a hundred or so by the later rounds.

This will be a much fairer environment than the current one where teams are entering at 3kTV that most players can’t feasibly reach.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 12:13
FUMBBL Staff

Dominik wrote:
I will probably play as much as before but only for tournaments and min max as hard as I can. I see no other point in ranked Division now. On the other side I will look for Leagues without such a cap and play in a truly restrictless environment.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to play how they want. However if that’s how you feel about it, what do you see as the point of the Ranked division now?

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer said on discord that open League won't have Seasons.

So, maybe we could see the return of some old time favourites like the Open League Cup, Orca-Cola Series or FCME. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
Dominik wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to play how they want. However if that’s how you feel about it, what do you see as the point of the Ranked division now?

The point is to enjoy it.

Having to cut teams down too much is going to kill that for a lot of people.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2020 - 12:53
FUMBBL Staff

Fair enough. It might be worth offering people the chance to move their R&B teams to the open league Division rather than the new competitive one? Whatever is decided in the detail, the new competitive division will play a lot differently to what R&B do now.

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
 Jump to: