42 coaches online • Server time: 00:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

It is still house ruling it though...

But the main point was that it is possible and that it also is easier to balance things if you don't have to include fringe elements into the balance as they don't really exist within the core rules without house rules.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2020 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but giving 10k instead of 20k per win just makes winning games more important but it does not change the core idea of the redraft with a cap after x games of bb2020.
Instead, removing cap in competitive divisions and having 2000+ TV teams would be a big deviation from the rules.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2020 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Yes, but giving 10k instead of 20k per win just makes winning games more important but it does not change the core idea of the redraft with a cap after x games of bb2020.
Instead, removing cap in competitive divisions and having 2000+ TV teams would be a big deviation from the rules.

"League commissioners may, at their own discretion..." is not what I would call a "rule".

The Fumbbl "Competitive" division doesn't sound much like the leagues in the rulebook.

It seems a bit bizarre to me to need the rule book to tell you how to run a league.

Is everyone in the competitive division going to play each other twice in a season?

Ooooh. It is too big. Are going to divide the division into 8.5 team divisions?

The whole thing is a 'big deviation from the "rules"'.

Post   Posted: Dec 12, 2020 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:

But the main point was that it is possible and that it also is easier to balance things if you don't have to include fringe elements into the balance as they don't really exist within the core rules without house rules.

Here's a sporting offer for you. When the new rules get released, let's play a game...on fumbbl. We'll both make a starting team. I'll let you choose the races. Give me any any race you like and take any race you like. I'm just curious to see if you can back up all the constant take on this, that and the rest with some solid bloodbowl. And if you can, I'll be the first to say well done and take your constant posts more seriously. Literally, any combo of teams. You name them, I will play them. I'm not that clear on all the new rules to be honest, so it could well prove very useful to me.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well that silenced the thread pretty quickly.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
CAB wrote:

Here's a sporting offer for you. When the new rules get released, let's play a game...on fumbbl. We'll both make a starting team. I'll let you choose the races. Give me any any race you like and take any race you like. I'm just curious to see if you can back up all the constant take on this, that and the rest with some solid bloodbowl. And if you can, I'll be the first to say well done and take your constant posts more seriously. Literally, any combo of teams. You name them, I will play them. I'm not that clear on all the new rules to be honest, so it could well prove very useful to me.

Can we spectate?

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This would bring a record crowd. Maybe make it a fundraiser and everyone can donate $1 to watch
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

If it happens, advertise it with a blog, like a Major game, please!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2021 - 04:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Please will someone remind me whether hail mary pass has changed and if so how?
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2021 - 04:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't understand how HMP works now. I've been told it at least DOES work, but I can't wrap my head around HOW it works.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2021 - 07:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
I don't understand how HMP works now. I've been told it at least DOES work, but I can't wrap my head around HOW it works.

What's confusing you?

Its worse than it used to be. So just don't bother with it ever is the short explanation

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2021 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

HMP lets you target a square to pass to, and as it states you are not using a ruler, you would be passing at your PA.
This means, that unless you are in a TZ, or it is sunny, you can't actually get the wildly inaccurate result, as the 1 is a fumble, and 2+ is either inaccurate because of PA, or inaccurate because of HMP rules.

If this is the how you are looking for that is
Malmir

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2021 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So using it to lob bombs is viable or not?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2021 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

Yes, I think it is viable, alhough Hail Mary Pass got worse than it used to be (because now Very Sunny and Tackle zones affect the roll).
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2021 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

I wouldn't bother.