49 coaches online • Server time: 00:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2020 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah probably, but it's more a joke entry example.... Necro wraiths have "no-hands" for those of you that don't know yet Wink
FinnDiesel

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2020 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Like, at the current moment specific badges for said specific team is currently being run, so a lot of space for badges for the new team, for example, the Black Orcs

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2020 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like the High Elf ones as to me they seem to strike a good balance on difficulty.

1. Get 50 completions with a Dragon Warrior - Change it to 50 completions with a Blitzer or Catcher. Either would do and under the new rules where passing is harder for those who are not throwers, it would be even more of a challenge.

2. Hire Prince Morian and get him killed - I love it. If Prince Morian is no longer a star, choose the most prominant new one. (I have this badge twice.)

3. Make 50 completions with a PW in 15 games. - This is another good badge. Just change it to 50 completions with a thrower.

4. Kill/SI 100 dark elves - This one is perfect. Do not change it. I have about 25 kills/SIs and always challenge DEs with my HEs. It is characterful and very difficult.

5. Cause 9 casualties in a match - As high elves have troubles bashing, this one should also stay.

Overall, I would recommend few changes to the HE badges. I will take a look at the others teams I play and try to give you my thoughts as well as thoughts on some of the generic badges.

Of course, this is assuming that High Elves are still playable in BB2020.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I'll take a shot at the races I've played the most as well as some of the badges I have gone after.

Lets look at the current Dwarf specific badges.

1. Flattened - Cause three deaths in a match with a deathroller: I like this one but I would probably change it to cause 2 deaths in a match with the deathroller. 3 is just a little too much in my oppionon. As a side benefit it encourages the use of a roller which is a great thing.

2. So..Much...Guard - Put out 11 players on one drive with guard: I don't think this one will be possible in the new rules. This will especially be the case once seasons are implemented. Perhaps something should replace it.

3. Unlikely - one turn with a longbeard: I like this one and with the opportunity to get +MV more easily you could get a M6 longbeard and actually pull this off.

4. Honorable Death - Have a troll slayer kill using dauntless and then die in the same match: I also like this one. It has so much character.

5. Mustn't Grumble - Have a team with 50 games but no retirements: Even with seasons this one is very possible. You just need a bit of commitment to pull it off. Perhaps specify that unskilled or even one skill players may leave the team at the end of a season otherwise seasons could make it impossible.

So with these in mind, only number two really should be changed. I like slayers so I would probably look at an award for having a team where your slayers have killed one of each natural S5 monster in the game. Call it the Hunter-Killer badge or something.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves are also already in a pretty good place in my opinion. Here are the current Dark Elf badges?

1. Cauldron of Blood - Kill two players in a match with witch elves: Against the right opponent, this is possible. In my opinion, it should remain.

2. Multi-Stab - Kill two players with multi block on an assassin: I like this one but I do not know if it will be possible under the new rules. Will you still be able to stab with multi-block? If so, it should be kept. If not it will need to be replaced. Under the new rules you will no longer need to roll doubles to get multi-stab so it is more possible but still tough.

3. Small Beginnings - Legend a linesman: Also possible but I like it. Not many linemen have become legends. It is worth keeping.

4. Fratracide - Kill or SI 100 High Elves: This is also very difficult but I love it and it pairs well with the High Elf badge as its foil.

5. Tackle is a must - Field an all blodge team: I pulled this off with high elves but it took a ton of games. With seasons I think it will be impossible. As such, it should be replaced. I will add my idea for a replacement in a moment.
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just one precision: I am not going to edit the original GLN article, so the old Badges will remain as they are, despite the fact some of them have become almost impossible. I won't do it because of the nature of the GLN. It's a (virtual) newspaper about Bloodbowl, and you can't unprint a newspaper.

I've had editing rights over the GLN for years now, and I've never used them on old articles except to fix a typo (it's probably happened once or twice) and to add teams for the Awe and Wonder badge (because my team was nominated and I'm a selfish b***** - err... wait, what?).

All that to say... The old badges won't change, but keep up with the good ideas, and if some of them need to be balanced, balance them with new, easier, ones!

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

FinnDiesel wrote:
Like, at the current moment specific badges for said specific team is currently being run, so a lot of space for badges for the new team, for example, the Black Orcs

Another option would be to focus on new "general" badges, obtainable by any team. Some of them are of course harder depending on your roster, but trust me, when you get the passing badges with a Fling, you start understanding what "achievement" means.

I probably won't add more than a couple of race-specific badges (per roster) but there's no limit for the general badges.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam wrote:
Just one precision: I am not going to edit the original GLN article, so the old Badges will remain as they are, despite the fact some of them have become almost impossible. I won't do it because of the nature of the GLN. It's a (virtual) newspaper about Bloodbowl, and you can't unprint a newspaper.

I've had editing rights over the GLN for years now, and I've never used them on old articles except to fix a typo (it's probably happened once or twice) and to add teams for the Awe and Wonder badge (because my team was nominated and I'm a selfish b***** - err... wait, what?).

All that to say... The old badges won't change, but keep up with the good ideas, and if some of them need to be balanced, balance them with new, easier, ones!

Cheers.

That is cool and I completely agree. However, with the new article, would you consider changing the requirements for some badges to bring them up to date with current rules? Leave the old page alone. It is beautiful history.

Basically, you could just make sure that the badges are attainable in the new edition.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2020 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Kam- I agree that the old page should be left up (and even referenced in the 2020 post) but would encourage a cut and paste job so that all the "current" badges are on one page. This would allow for some requirement tweeks as well to account for the new edition.

Kondor- I think you are wrong on "Tackle is must" Even with seasons this should be very easy to achieve, even easier than before I think. All it takes is 4 Blitzers with Dodge, 2 witches with block and 5 linemen with 2 chosen skills. That is only 106 SPP which is easily doable in 1 season, even if you don't carry anyone over. It will of course be harder than that as those 106 have to be perfectly arranged and you can't have any journeymen on your team so all 11 have to be healthy at the start. In reality this will probably take multiple seasons, carrying over linemen that will be harder to skill but it should be possible if you try. The Dwarven all guard will probably be harder to arrange the SPP but it is only 66 SPP so ....
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 24, 2020 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Both of you.

Not sure about copy/pasting the old article, I was more thinking of publishing a sort of extension.

That being said, after thinking about it, I'm not against updating the now impossible to obtain badges, but I'd rather keep the old version for the old timers, and add a version updated for the new ruleset (the way I see it, I would keep the same design but put a "2020" - well... "2520" - tag on them).

But again, I'm open to all kind of ideas. Nothing is definitive yet. And while I'm writing this... I've just had an idea that could conciliate both our points of view, steinerp, but I'm keeping it for myself (it would be no fun if there was no surprise next issue). Wink

Keep up with the good ideas guys (and on a side-note, badges aside, if you feel like writing an article for the GLN, go for it, we need contributors!).

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2020 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds good!

Also I am absolutely not saying this because I just accomplished this but a generic individual badge for being the best all-time on a Top List would be cool. If you wanted to go all out you could "Best Position", "Best in Race", "Best in Division", "Best on Fummbl"
Kam

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2020 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a great idea! I won't make it for every race or division though, for one simple reason: I'd have to draw a zillion of badges, but one for achieving every current "top" entry, for sure!

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2020 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Based on the blog by MrCushtie: https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=MrCushtie&id=23291

I propose the Woodchipper badge = kill two(one?) treemen in a single game with a chainsaw
steinerp

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2020 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

@Kam yeah I was just thinking 1-4 "Top" badges that were neutral as to specific Race/position/stat

@ben_awesome agreed!
Kondor

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2020 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

ben_awesome wrote:
Based on the blog by MrCushtie: https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=MrCushtie&id=23291

I propose the Woodchipper badge = kill two(one?) treemen in a single game with a chainsaw

And a lumberjacks could have killed a treeman from Woodies, Halflings, and Old World Alliance. Could be a team badge even. No specific race.

Ahh that has me singing everyone's favorite song. "I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok. I sleep all night. I work all day."
 Jump to: