56 coaches online • Server time: 17:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Malmir

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2020 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a thread about this? Let's chat results. I had a very sweet run with ogres and dark elf after having a very frustrating run with Slann. They got battered first match and took about five games to recover. I remember being 0/1/4 after five games and wondering where the first win might come from. Eventually recovered to get a positive record (just) but showed me that a brutal first match can be hard to come back from.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2020 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, can I just say how refreshing it is to have a Level 10 FUMBBL Wizard actually have a shit run of games in this thing we call Box Trophy. Thanks for that. I get lucky sometimes, but man, I feel I get unlucky more often, facing murderous dwarves game after game in the beginning. DRAWS do not good runs make. I now know why High and Dark elves are 2 point teams.

Thread Hijack.. Firefox installed some kind of new website tracker-tracker in my main browser, and can I just say how appreciated it is to come to FUMBBL and notice how it is the only website on the entire internet that is not tracking anything, or cookie-ing me up, or trying to get my credit card numbers or passwords. Thanks for that.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2020 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
I now know why High and Dark elves are 2 point teams.

*snip*

lol, I've looked at HE & DE at 2 points every time i've considered actually doing the trophy and thought "my, that's tasty" then hastily backed off when I remember exactly how disgusting having to play 15+ games with them could be if you get a horrible first 5.

The potential for a massive score is there on either if you get rolling early without taking perms, but it's also pretty possible to just be playing out the run with half a team of loners/too many ties to compete.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 01:54 Reply with quote Back to top

magictobe wrote:
I have a problem with my squad.

I am running my second run. In my ogre team, I had to suffer a kill on one my ogres. So my team value is on 660 now and I don't get a match anymore. I have activated this team for a whole week now, but no matches coming to me.

The vast majority if box draws only have 4 teams, which is a major problem that needs fixing. You are 100x more likely to get a game with these ogres in a 10pl draw compared to 4pl. Draws should be every 30mins max, and in off peak, only every hour. Otherwise box will just keep losing player base in off peak times. The desert just keeps on growing sigh.
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2020 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed. I only play off peak and sometimes have to queue several times to get a game, I'd much rather know I can very likely get a game every hour instead.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2020 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Good grief, what a BBT season that was - congratulations to Malmir on a brilliant score! Can't quite believe I've ended up dropping only half a point and finished... 4th! XD Still, nice to take the racial lead with slann in what could possibly be their final season (sniff. Stupid rules changes... hope slann can still be accommodated on here somehow. Must say I'm not really too enthused with the apparent rules updates - changes to leapers, making passing even riskier, and running foulers look very ill-considered if what I hear is true. To mention just a few changes, but I fear those could create a very boring and repetitive running game... hope I'm wrong :/)
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2020 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to add on timing of the draws, I don't think making them less regular is necessarily a good thing. I often only get a 90-120 min 'slot' to play a game, having a busy life and a young family. Reduce the BB intervals to 30 mins or an hour and I may not even be able to activate at all, as I would not be sure of having the time to finish by the time a game is set up! I imagine there are quite a few coaches in that position?

Also I think if there are not quite enough coaches for one 15 min slot, you usually find all or most wait for the next by which time another coach or two have arrived - so it does not make much difference anyway, and the flexibility I think is better.
 Jump to: