42 coaches online • Server time: 12:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kenku

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I have a human team on tabletop and they are doing quite well. Only getting hit by a few MNG's have lead me to gathering up 150k, that is right now just sitting doing nothing. Going for a no-ogre build (because reasons and fluff), have 3 re-rolls and apoth. Team is:-
-Blitzer, Guard
-Blitzer, Guard
-Blitzer, Mighty Blow, Tackle
-Blitzer, Dauntless
-Catcher, Nerves of Steel
-Catcher
-Thrower, (Hail Mary and Kick without increasing TV, for league bonus)
-Thrower, Strongarm
-Lineman, Guard
-4x basic linesmen

I'm tempted to roster Heinrich Von Duisgart as he's basically a 5th human blitzer and opens up some fouling fun, but would love some more ideas.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably invest in one more linemen to get to 14 players depending on how bashy the league is. Hiring a star player for one random game usually isn't a great idea unless it is the finals or fills a gap your really need vs a specific team. If your league allows you to hire and keep star players rather than the normal one off, absolutely hire him
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Who von What, now?

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

@steinerp: yup that's what I meant by rostering, hiring them on with an upkeep cost, which we are allowing.

@Java: Yea I hadn't heard of him either, from the almanac or something, but apparently there is a reason, just found out that he is meant to be broken cheap and we aren't allowing him in the league.
 Jump to: