22 coaches online • Server time: 07:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kenku

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I have a human team on tabletop and they are doing quite well. Only getting hit by a few MNG's have lead me to gathering up 150k, that is right now just sitting doing nothing. Going for a no-ogre build (because reasons and fluff), have 3 re-rolls and apoth. Team is:-
-Blitzer, Guard
-Blitzer, Guard
-Blitzer, Mighty Blow, Tackle
-Blitzer, Dauntless
-Catcher, Nerves of Steel
-Catcher
-Thrower, (Hail Mary and Kick without increasing TV, for league bonus)
-Thrower, Strongarm
-Lineman, Guard
-4x basic linesmen

I'm tempted to roster Heinrich Von Duisgart as he's basically a 5th human blitzer and opens up some fouling fun, but would love some more ideas.
steinerp

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably invest in one more linemen to get to 14 players depending on how bashy the league is. Hiring a star player for one random game usually isn't a great idea unless it is the finals or fills a gap your really need vs a specific team. If your league allows you to hire and keep star players rather than the normal one off, absolutely hire him
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Who von What, now?

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2020 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

@steinerp: yup that's what I meant by rostering, hiring them on with an upkeep cost, which we are allowing.

@Java: Yea I hadn't heard of him either, from the almanac or something, but apparently there is a reason, just found out that he is meant to be broken cheap and we aren't allowing him in the league.
 Jump to: