30 coaches online • Server time: 12:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tussock

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2020 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Who's got a line to NAF to give them a semi-official roster update, then.

Them and Khorne at least. Bretts can sleep now Imperial are here.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2020 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not against that in principle, but it needs to be optional. There'll always be people who object to it, with good reasons. Making them optional leaves the choice to the TO or League Commish based on what they know about their audience.

I've got my fingers crossed for an official Khorne team in some capacity, based on all the "Favoured of..." stuff in the rulebook. For all that to be limited in use to access a bunch of stars and other inducements would be disappointing.

And maybe mass VLL and Leap will make an appearance on a still hypothetical Slaanesh team (maybe not on all players). At some point we might end up having to shelf any patched up corpses of the Slann/Khorne rules because something good enough to fit them has come from GW, who knows.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2020 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Seems like 1 Vamp teams are the way forward!

I would say that a full, six vampire roster is the way to go. Failure to bite neither turnovers are not expulsions now.
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2020 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

From looking at the team box on GW store do necromantic teams have a new positional? A wraith instead of Wight
sebco

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2020 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

VillainousIntent wrote:
From looking at the team box on GW store do necromantic teams have a new positional? A wraith instead of Wight

Yes, same profile as a wight but + Side Step, Foul Appearance and No Hands

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So not sure if this is off-topic, but been waiting for this PDF or confirmation that Norse and Amazons will be playable day one of the new edition to buy a team for either.

While my Amazon teams in Blood Bowl 2 has been tons of fun in the Eternal League and online leagues, they just feel... kind of boring since they didn't really change going into Blood Bowl 2020.

Norse are also in the same boat, since they didn't change much going into BB 2020, but the greater option and variation between the positionals makes them seem more interesting to start off with.

My other teams I own are;
-Undead
-Dark Elves
-Elven Union
-High Elves
-Wood Elves
-Chaos Chosen

...been binge buying a bit the last few months as I come back into Blood Bowl, and likely won't end up keeping the other teams besides Dark Elves and Chaos... but wanted to add something else to the teams I planned to keep.

Amazons feel like a cheap and fairly bashy agility team (due to the team wide Dodge), but playing Norse in the Eternal League somewhat felt like playing AG 3 AV 7 disposable Dark Elves because of the easier access to Block and Frenzy.

Kind of feeling that with shorter seasons and redrafting, Norse may be a better pick to buy the (excellent) Meiko Miniatures (edit) Norse team due to the starting Block, Big Guy access, and two S4 players. Thoughts?

-Joe Dirt
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 07:10 Reply with quote Back to top

@Zaku I think Norse and Amazons changed quite a bit, not in their rosters but as the teams most capable of leveraging random primary skills on their linemen heavy lists. Break Tackle changes the Blitzers and Berzerkers so they're less likely to be relegated to Guard platforms. Once they have everything they want (i.e. after 2 skills Very Happy ) then they can save up for stat rolls and become one of the few teams actually having multiple stat freaks Smile
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 12:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Also, seeing the lack of revolutionary changes (so far), I don't see an issue with keeping Slann alive outside of GW environments.

It wouldn’t be a problem, but you’d have to make up Passing stats for them, so they’d always be somewhat of a house rule

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
dolphinandrew

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
mekutata wrote:
Also, seeing the lack of revolutionary changes (so far), I don't see an issue with keeping Slann alive outside of GW environments.

It wouldn’t be a problem, but you’d have to make up Passing stats for them, so they’d always be somewhat of a house rule

Specifically, with Slann, I don't know what I'd pick as the passing stat for the catcher. With blizters and linemen (linefrogs), keeping in line with the rest of the changes is pretty easy.

What about the catchers? Easiest choice might be to also make them bad passers, like most other races catchers. But without a dedicated passer, that's pretty huge for Slann. Passing is (relatively) important to the team. Particularly during sacking. Losing reasonable passing from the catchers is a pretty big blow.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you'd have to model Slann Catchers on Gutter Runners PA. 3+ or better would put them in line with a good number of 'named' throwers and a handful of elf exceptions
mekutata

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2020 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

mister__joshua wrote:
mekutata wrote:

But that's the thing. They are already a house rule. Now the house must just ponder on how to continue them.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Catcher PA 3+
Linefrogs PA 4+
Blitzers PA 5+
Krox -

There, I fixed it.

Also, blood bowl is a derivative of chess (which itself is a derivative of war). It's Queen's Gambit Declined with rushing and passing yards. The entire game is a house rule, and the idea that you can accept Vampires playing football at an endorsed competitive level, but you can't accept Slann with passing stats is nothing short of hilarious.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

According to me, there's another thing. If you give slanns Leap + Very long legs, it means in BB 2020 that they will leap on a 3+ for catchers and 4+ for lines/blitzers when there's 1 or 0 tackle zone (and worst when there are more). They are no more good leaping frogs, then!

As someone already suggested, their BB 2020 skill should be Pogostick (catchers would leap on 2+ and lines/blitzers on 3+ in every circumstance as they do now). It's not perfect in terms of fluff, but it's better in terms of rules, in my opinion.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Huuum yummy, frog legs on sticks (I'm French !)

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
kelvingreen wrote:
The other significant difference with the new vampires is that the injury roll for biting a team-mate is no longer capped at Badly Hurt. We can kill our thralls again! Yay?

Not only that you could kill another Vampire now as well Twisted Evil

Ha! I do wonder how much vampire-on-vampire action we will see going forward. Wink Part of me thinks it's a very bad idea to risk it, but on the other hand, vampires are more likely to survive being bitten...
 Jump to: