62 coaches online • Server time: 22:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MisterA

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished my first WIL season but some of these teams have been running for hundreds of games! If the teams can port forward i wouldn't question them being allowed to! Teams will always rise and fall, that is Nuffles will
Dynamix

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Only my first full season in the WIL, but my tuppence, and probably less informed than most of the WIL

Not convinced about the differing caps between divisions.

Keeping the cap the same across divisions would perhaps level the playing field as far as relegations / promotions without having to boost a promotion team , and keep the relegated team at least in a similar ball-park to those in the divison that team is relegated to .

That leaves the re-draft level to be decided, taking into account the wish to keep those team favourites.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

me too, I'm in favor of porting the old teams. couldn't get to my personal objective, but... it is what it is.

ramchop

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2020 - 21:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The only WIL games I've participated in are URN matches and then only as a spectator. I hope WIL transitions to a version of seasons which allows for a return of this fantastic event.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2021 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if we should start with a cap of 2000k, and then reduce it, season by season, to a level that feels sensible. That would give the old teams time to say farewell to beloved (if bloated) players.

We'll probably have a big WIL Cup after this season (plus a shield for those who exit in Round 1), so we have some time to think about it.

More thoughts?

Post   Posted: Jan 19, 2021 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I was for a cap of 1750 originally so am cool with that. Are you suggesting a redraft at 2000k then or just the need to trim existing team to that cap? (without redraft procedure)
Gritter

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Any further thoughts on TV cap and drafting next season?
Probably going to start affecting permed players and whether to replace them or keep them at this point mid season.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2021 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I think drafting would be good, even at the high 2000TV level, if only because it gives us a chance to get used to the system and,as Gritter says, begin planning in terms of team management.
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2021 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been reading through the new league rules around redrafting. I think TV 2000 is the way to go.

Maybe also increase the amount of money coaches get at the start of redrafting from a base of £1,000,000 to £1,300,000. This means we can keep older players for more seasons.

I guess we shall see what parameters commissioners can change.
lemf

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2021 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a fan of capping and destruction of developed teams but it is what it is
So lets go with the flow.
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2021 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

hey but... how would you feel about setting a cap to 3000 that would allow us to redraft every player? just a proposal, eh

Gritter

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2021 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

In addition to the TV cap with drafts - I would still suggest moving to having TV caps in line with each Tier of the league.

Don't know how many years I am going back where WIL used to have this - but it has been a barrier to new players/teams moving up - the prospect of being destroyed by bash teams of massively higher TV.
I know of a couple of guys who got switched off from WIL having had this happen.

(less of an issue with the proposed max TV of 2000... but still an issue)
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2021 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I have worked out how much my team (https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=938387) would cost to redraft.

2,760,000 GC.

My team is 6 seasons old and has no double skills. I have 1 x +ST and 1 x +AV.

Not an amazing team, but nicely developed under BB2016 ruleset.

Under BB2020 and a TV CAP of 1,300K TV, I would lose a lot of players.

Last edited by Apus on Feb 19, 2021 - 09:53; edited 1 time in total
Apus

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2021 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I have assumed that a season is the length of the individual league/tournament and not 15 games.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Feb 19, 2021 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that a 'season' would be two WIL leagues, so approx 14-18 games.

Yes, that is why I propose a higher cap initially. But perhaps there will be other ways of calculating redrafted teams initially? Or costing players skills? This is why I want to wait before making a final decision as we don't know what will be possible yet.