43 coaches online • Server time: 18:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dynamix

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2021 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Bit off topic - but with the pushing back of BB2020 implementation is there a case for getting another season in?
Gritter

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2021 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's completely on topic Smile

My suggestion would be to start introducing TV caps next season - at a high value - to wean people on to seasons. (after the cup presumably)
rodvil

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2021 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm up for a new season
PeteW

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2021 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Good calls all round.

I'll draw the cup now. Then after this season we'll trim down a bit, but not allt he way, because you can't redraft in exactly the same way.

What do we think?

Reg = 1500
Conf = 1800
Pre = 2100

Plucked those out of the air - thoughts?

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2021 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I would personally rather see the Prem cap at 2000

Maybe drop the conf to 1750

Reg - 1500
Conf - 1750
Prem - 2000

Or

Reg - 1600
Conf - 1800
Prem - 2000

But stupidly high bloated teams maybe a thing of the past, heres hoping

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2021 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

True, but my thinking was to have one (final?!) season under the current rules and get halfway to where we want to be, and then the following season can drop a bit further.

Plus, there are some big teams with loads of character, and dropping that much TV in one go, without being able to properly redraft is going to be tough.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2021 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather have one final season with no caps. I'll probably be parking my team after that really. I have no desire lose some long standing players to arbitrary caps.

It's not like Royal Osborne are on a 5 prem winning streak we've won exactly 0 times and never really been close to winning so I don't really see a problem.

I don't know if there might be others who would be starting a new team for the new rules. But if there are cutting teams now when they may well be parking after anyway doesn't have much point to it.

Any kind of cap and I might start the new team early, would have to depend how easy it would be to get under without dropping any longstanding players.

DLE College 7s
Matthueycamo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2021 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll also say I wouldn't mind so much if it was just a simple cap but it's the escalating cost of players after each season that just makes it so undesirable to continue with the same team.

So I'd rather park the team in the hope one day in the future the rules aren't quite so pernicious to players with a long career behind them.

DLE College 7s
AlwaysHungry

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2021 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, looking to return to WI! Fringe after a season of two away. I think we could be looking at Q3 or even Q4 before the New rules are ready and tested so think we should squeeze in another couple of seasons. Divisional caps sensible to me but suspect porting could be tricky. Gives us good time to wind down or park and create new teams though. Finally, would prefer redrafting every other season (so after 18 games) to preserve the League flavour and really try out a new team. Cheers all.
phil78

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2021 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather not bother with caps until we are a bit closer to the new rules being implemented. I'd rather get a better idea around redrafting before having to fire players now that it might have been better to hold onto later
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2021 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a left-field idea.

We have two leagues, with separate rules.

1. WIL 2020. This is for all new teams, and smallish teams that people want to keep. We try to stick tot he BB League rules as closely as we can, because, essentially, that is what WIL has always tried to do. It would be fun to try to work out how to use spps effectively, and how best to redraft.

2. WIL Veterans. This is for the characterful teams, with stat freaks and doubles aplenty. We play with no caps! Any existing team can join it, and moving forward and WIL 2020 teams that do not wish to redraft could also transfer into it. It would be fun to crash big tams against each other, especially those with long histories.

It would be fine to play in both - I would stick my fat necro in the vets, and then try imperial nobs or borcs in 2020. Best of both worlds.

Thoughts?

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2021 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Did I read somewhere that the idea now is to keep BB2016 client as well as running BB2020 . If so then could continue WIL 'Classic' and run separate BB2020 WIL
GAZZATROT

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2021 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

As we have discussed, I'd be very keen for the "WIL Veterans" league please Pete!

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2021 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Dynamix wrote:
Did I read somewhere that the idea now is to keep BB2016 client as well as running BB2020 . If so then could continue WIL 'Classic' and run separate BB2020 WIL

+1

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2021 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Look how SWL did it: looks solid by first look: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=32013
 Jump to: