57 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pfi

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So this tactic will be a day 1 errata for sure but all you people playing with the new rules may as well have fun trying to cheat your opponent with it.

The book gives you rules for too many players on page 40. If the extra players are spotted before the drive simply correct the mistake. Basically no penalty.

"If however the mistake is spotted until after the first turn of the drive extra players will be sent off for committing a Fou as described on page 63."

Now on page 63. Go to argue the call.
"When a player is sent off by the referee for committing a foul their coach may attempt to argue the call."

Now go to bribe inducement.

"A single bribe may be used when a player is sent off for committing a foul or using a secret weapon."

So here you can try to sneak an extra player on the pitch and not only argue the call but can also bribe to keep them on. And if caught before there is literally no downside because you simply correct the mistake. If your opponent isn't expecting it and say you run a snotling team with all the same 3d printed model and swarming rule and riotous rookies for maximum confusion your opponent might not even notice until after turn one in which case you just bribe.

Probably really good for the black orc team since they have bribery and corruption and you could probably sneak on an extra goblin. I can imagine the underworld team benefitting from an extra player and the have snotling swarming too.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Really good catch!

Thankfully this won't be possible on FUMBBL though.
sebco

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

It remains a risky strategy as this extra player (generally a simple cheap lineman) can cost you a bribe (100.000 or 50.000 depending on your team) + your best player in case of 1 (as opponent coach choses who is the spotted extra player).

But good catch anyway. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

You could argue that if your 12th man is saved by a bribe (or by plain argue the call), then there are still too many players on the pitch and someone else will be sent off (or someone else....)
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hm, yeah, even better catch... it only protects them for one turn, next turn you're committing the "12 players on the pitch" foul again. Unless removals happened in the meantime, I suppose.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I wonder whether the client will allow to sneak players or it will auto-check if they are more than 11.
Grod

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Funny reading of the rules. There is a downside to having players removed, as your opponent chooses them!

Oscar Wilde
Garion

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
By the way, I wonder whether the client will allow to sneak players or it will auto-check if they are more than 11.

christer already said he wont add this rule.

i guess that could change, but i doubt it very much

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2020 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

See it says if the mistake is not spotted until after the first turn of the drive has started any extra players will be sent off for committing a foul.
I would make the argument that this is a single iteration. It doesn't say anytime you have more than 11 players. It makes it seem like it's one instance. Just if it's noticed after they are sent off. Otherwise you could say you notice it immediately after you notice it and then notice it and then notice it etc on the same turn.

I mean of course it's already a liberal use of the rules and shouldn't exist in the first place but I would say you only notice it once. Otherwise it's nothing new to notice after.
Izzinatah

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2020 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules say a team may not set up more than 11 players at the start of a drive.

The 'TOO MANY PLAYERS' box offers a way to correct a mistake.

You cannot intentionally make a mistake. Placing more than 11 players on the pitch intentionally would be against the rules, aka cheating. No errata is needed.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Izzinatah wrote:
You cannot intentionally make a mistake. Placing more than 11 players on the pitch intentionally would be against the rules, aka cheating. No errata is needed.

Thank you. Perfect answer.
 Jump to: