46 coaches online • Server time: 12:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Rogre or Troll?
Troll is amazing why would you take a dumd Rogre?
62%
 62%  [ 5 ]
Rogre seems cool i want to take it for a spin!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Rogre is good in theory but more expensive, more fragile, and you lose TTM...interested to see how people go with it
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Big guys cost you games, burn both of them into steak!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Trying to figure out how many of each positional you want of each type, mostly snotling count, total # of players and Rogre v Troll. This is my thoughts on the peak list

6 Full skaven package
1 Rat Ogre
5 Goblins
3 Snotlings
3 RR
1 Apo
15 players

I am a fan of Animal Savagery because it gives you full control of a big guy, and UW lost their second blitzer even if the troll is REALLY good (worth noting Rogre's Break Tackle still gives you 2+). Snotlings are the perfect fodder to feed him, and 3 snotlings is enough to get maximum swarming at the start of the game and still potentially have swarming by the end. The problem is you only have 12 non-snots and I'm not sure thats enough bodies for swarming to actually take effect by the second half. Going to 16 cuts off star player access which is a big deal in BB2020. Would 6 goblins and 2 snots be smarter? Would love to hear your thoughts Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 08:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Rat ogre would dodge on a 3+ with BT not 2+.

Imo rat ogre is awful in this team. Your players don't have the AV to cope with the extra hits from the rogre. He is another player with av8. He is extremely expensive. To make him good you need to stack skills on him.

Bug guys are best as Road blocks. Get your troll block and then get in the way. He is also cheaper, high av, regen. Just better in every way.

Snotlings I can see both sides if the argument, personally I would take 3. I think fouling is going to be big in this edition. Get fouling from turn 1 and don't stop.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotlings as ROgre bait seems like it will work once then you'll lose a Snotling. Repeat with the swarming Snots for the rest of the half and you'll be doing well too have any Snots for the second half. Second half he's now splatting your rats or gobbos.

Id take the Troll
LemonheadWallenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

plus the one turn option is gone with the rat ogre
Garion

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

wallenstein wrote:
plus the one turn option is gone with the rat ogre

One turn option is gutter runner now. No point ttm any more

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

well, if he survives until t16, it's not a bad thing having 2 options instead of one
SkittleMosaic

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2020 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Rogre is Ag 4+ so will be a 2+ with Break Tackle, the Troll would be 3+.

Big guys normally are best as road blocks sure, but you can theoretically get 100% activation returns from the rogre with simple positioning, meaning you can fairly reliably use him as a St 5 Blitzer with a bunch of skills and a penchant for punching teammates. If you gave him block and claw and considered your 3 snotlings as "Rogre tax" (he'll hit them ~4 times a game, one should live for another hit) then he is a 255k Blitzer, and to build your blitzer roughly the same way would cost you ~310k TV and a ton more spp (and very lucky stat rolls ofc).

Edit: I will admit the fragility of the team definitely goes in the Trolls favour.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2020 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I know most people won't care, but in terms of fluff, what could be better than a big guy that pumches his own players in and Underworld team?
Loki_on_NAF

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2020 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:
I know most people won't care, but in terms of fluff, what could be better than a big guy that pumches his own players in and Underworld team?
2 of them Laughing

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2020 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

you get +2 to the animal savergy roll if blocking or blitzing, so your snotlings shouldn't be hit that much...
AzraelEVA

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2020 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Rogre is a much better and reliable player than the troll. Go for the don't run away option with -1 armor roll on failed dodge attempt + stand firm to really be a nuisance.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

AzraelEVA wrote:
Rogre is a much better and reliable player than the troll. Go for the don't run away option with -1 armor roll on failed dodge attempt + stand firm to really be a nuisance.

Arm Bar
ph0enyx13

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the way the math works out you can do 14 players with 3 snots and get Fat Glart and Hackflem and fit it in 1150 or 1100 for rez. I'd think in league 15 players would be the way to go and then just sack a gob if you want to get 2 star players and always 3 snots for swarming
 Jump to: