40 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think the New BB2020 Necromantic Horror are less powerfull than in the past?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
The same
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

argos_72

Post 18 Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
New Sneaky Git ignores the double to break AV, not for the Injury. Double on Injury roll will be spotted.
So, just 1/6 to be spotted.
Yes, all the teams will be updated to new ruleset when it will be implemented on FUMBBL.

Great thanks....
so I start immediatly playing with my Necro team in BBTrophy I will try to skill my Wraith-Wights asap ehhehe
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Prego! Smile
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

argos_72 wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
New Sneaky Git ignores the double to break AV, not for the Injury. Double on Injury roll will be spotted.
So, just 1/6 to be spotted.
Yes, all the teams will be updated to new ruleset when it will be implemented on FUMBBL.

Great thanks....
so I start immediatly playing with my Necro team in BBTrophy I will try to skill my Wraith-Wights asap ehhehe
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

As added bonus Sneaky Git also allow the player to move AFTER the foul too now. This is why it is strong to give it to the Ghoul.

You run up, commit a foul and then run of and assist in a block.. Double action and blitz fouling... Sneaky Git is very powerful now.

I plan in two Ghouls in my Necro team... one as the ball carrier and the other as fouler/sacker. The second one have Sneaky Git, Wrestle. If I get more skills I will add DP and/or Tackle depending on what I feel is most needed in the League.
Felix17

Post 6 Posted: Dec 01, 2020 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:

How many Zombies passes have you made? Sure it is a small nerf but so rare it ever comes up. Think I have only done it once.

I've only made one in the two games I've played with a zombie in the side, and it was awesome.

7 squares, gave me a TD that forced the game into overtime (where I lost, but that's not the zombie's fault).

Shame that GW has decided that sort of cool isn't allowed anymore.
Captain_Crumpet

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

A bit late but, I can see necro being alot worse in 2020, the changes in a vacuum are fine but combined with the general 2020 rules they really hurt. The wraith is less of a nerf and more of a side grade, but now with mvp choice gone all of your strength players and half of the useful players on your team need to pray for non mb cas and random mvps to skill, the increased cost will only exacerbate the problem as redrafts will really hurt and reset any progress made on your frontline since you will favor the wolves.

Speaking of wolves they have also been indirectly nerfed, claw is a lot worse now and they were one of the best players in the game to roll a stat on (with rolling for a stat being dubious considering you will already be trying to manage your budget on an overpriced team).
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain_Crumpet wrote:

Speaking of wolves they have also been indirectly nerfed, claw is a lot worse now and they were one of the best players in the game to roll a stat on (with rolling for a stat being dubious considering you will already be trying to manage your budget on an overpriced team).

I'm not seeing it that way. Claw is exactly the same if you don't have MB and seeing that all wolves start that way, it makes no difference in the early game. In addition, they are still one of best players in the game full stop, even without stat-ups. Now it will come down to coach skill rather than who has the biggest stat-freak. And I'm all for that. Cheers.
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:
Now it will come down to coach skill rather than who has the biggest stat-freak. And I'm all for that. Cheers.

i think this comment highlights the two different schools of thought.

a) less stat freaks, more parity but almost same looking teams, less randomness (no more lucky stats), lower tv, players are replaced often, almost naf style competitive bloodbowl

b) more interesting players, less parity but very different looking teams, higher tv, team building, teams with history and legends

i dont want to play a).

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

neubau wrote:

i dont want to play a).

Where as other people do want to play in format A.

New rules make it a lot harder for any team to build and keep a powerful force. How different leagues implement re-drafting and progression will have a big impact on how good any team is.

We might have more than 24 possible teams now but does that really matter if 90% of players use the same six teams?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Neubau.

You already had (a) just by keeping your TV down or applying TV caps.

Under the new rules, high/highish TV will probably be worse than before and we probably won't get the on Fumbbl to improve it.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with neubau too. I like variety and some building freedom, I don't like when too many skills create very unbalanced matches.
Yes to team growth, but not super exaggerated (not higher than 2000 TV or maybe 1800, at that TV many races can be played and with Claw+MB nerf Chaos and Nurgle would have been weaker).

And yes, to play very low TV there were already NAF tournaments, no need to force people playing in perpetual leagues to play a similar-to-NAF-format.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's ok, everyone's opinion is equally valid. In all change situations there's always going to be people that like the change and people that don't. That's just the way of things.

Maybe a few months down the line things might not turn out as bad as is imagined. Isn't that also the way of things?
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Things may turn out to be much worse. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:
It's ok, everyone's opinion is equally valid. In all change situations there's always going to be people that like the change and people that don't.

sure, i just noticed how the two different parties in the discussion about the new rules tend to like their blood bowl. my leagues will probably keep my preferred style of playing going, but overall 2020 is a huge disappointment for me. how fitting.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not a big fan of this ghoul and human catcher for dedicated fouler shtick.

Yes it is the correct thing to do tactically speaking.

What I do not like about it is- its anti fluff. Catchers and ghoul runners shouldn't be your dirty players, they are you receivers and carriers... or should be.

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:

I'm not seeing it that way. Claw is exactly the same if you don't have MB and seeing that all wolves start that way, it makes no difference in the early game. In addition, they are still one of best players in the game full stop, even without stat-ups. Now it will come down to coach skill rather than who has the biggest stat-freak. And I'm all for that. Cheers.

Mighty blow was always an instapick on a wolf that rolled doubles to the point that if you didn't get doubles one by the 4/5th skill a lot of people would reroll the wolf, having access to claw is one of the main reasons to play necro over undead since it helps them scale better.

Preferring or not preferring stat freaks is definitely up to opinion, but the thread is about weather we think necro will be weaker or not and I think the changes affect necro worse than a lot of other teams.
 Jump to: