47 coaches online • Server time: 12:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think the New BB2020 Necromantic Horror are less powerfull than in the past?
Yes
46%
 46%  [ 14 ]
No
36%
 36%  [ 11 ]
The same
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 30

Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain_Crumpet wrote:
Grasshugger17 wrote:

I'm not seeing it that way. Claw is exactly the same if you don't have MB and seeing that all wolves start that way, it makes no difference in the early game. In addition, they are still one of best players in the game full stop, even without stat-ups. Now it will come down to coach skill rather than who has the biggest stat-freak. And I'm all for that. Cheers.

Mighty blow was always an instapick on a wolf that rolled doubles to the point that if you didn't get doubles one by the 4/5th skill a lot of people would reroll the wolf, having access to claw is one of the main reasons to play necro over undead since it helps them scale better.

Preferring or not preferring stat freaks is definitely up to opinion, but the thread is about weather we think necro will be weaker or not and I think the changes affect necro worse than a lot of other teams.

Yes, I agree with you that the Necro changes certainly aren't a buff. However, where I was disagreeing was that I don't think the Claw change is a big deal.

Personally, I like the changes to the Wraith. Yes, the price increases are a bit of a pain, but to be fair they were already a pain to fit into a starting roster, so it hasn't changed massively.

I really like that there are now 2 sidesteppers, 2 stand firmers and a couple of frenzy to rule the roost on the sidelines.

Couldn't care less about zombie passes.

Am I missing anything major?

Hey, one good thing is that you don't have to cycle wolves now. If you want MB, then just pick it.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2020 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
I'm not a big fan of this ghoul and human catcher for dedicated fouler shtick.

Yes it is the correct thing to do tactically speaking.

What I do not like about it is- its anti fluff. Catchers and ghoul runners shouldn't be your dirty players, they are you receivers and carriers... or should be.

Yeah, I agree, for the most part. Sneaky git being great now and in agility doesn't help really. Fluff wise, I could see a ghoul being a dirty, sneaky git though.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's anti fluff at all. Catchers have always been the smallest guys - the ones who get hit and picked on by the bigger players. Classically, these HAVE often turned into dirty players, since it's the only way for them to hit back.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 13:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if we want to talk about anti-fluff:
Chaos and Nurgle players should not pick their mutations.
Leader should not be picked by Hobgoblins (or any lineman).
Dark Elf Assassins should not have MA 6 and no Dodge (and arguably they should have AG 5 according to fluff). In BB2020 they get MA 7 but PA 5+ is ridiculous for an Assassin.
Troll Slayers should not be healed when killed (because they do seek death in combat).
Gnoblars should have ST 2, only Snotlings have ST 1.
Orc teams should not have a Thrower (the fluff clearly states they don't pass, they steam roll their opponent bashing their way to endzone).
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Well, if we want to talk about anti-fluff:
Chaos and Nurgle players should not pick their mutations.
Leader should not be picked by Hobgoblins (or any lineman).
Dark Elf Assassins should not have MA 6 and no Dodge (and arguably they should have AG 5 according to fluff). In BB2020 they get MA 7 but PA 5+ is ridiculous for an Assassin.
Troll Slayers should not be healed when killed (because they do seek death in combat).
Gnoblars should have ST 2, only Snotlings have ST 1.
Orc teams should not have a Thrower (the fluff clearly states they don't pass, they steam roll their opponent bashing their way to endzone).

And the biggest one of all - Slann should be massive fat toads that sit on a palanquin!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, well, those Slann are from WHFB 3rd edition, pseudo-Aztec/Maya slim frogs.
They became fat toads in WHFB 5th edition.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Yes, well, those Slann are from WHFB 3rd edition, pseudo-Aztec/Maya slim frogs.
They became fat toads in WHFB 5th edition.

Yeah, I know. I was being sarcastic. They were also in Warhammer 40k Rouge Trader!
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As per OP, no hands is a thing, but i rather pay 5k extra for sidestep and no hands. The pity is that wraith have no Strength skill access. But no hands is not a real issue in my view.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
As per OP, no hands is a thing, but i rather pay 5k extra for sidestep and no hands. The pity is that wraith have no Strength skill access. But no hands is not a real issue in my view.

Wraiths do have strength access.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, then i think they got stronger. I must have read an early rumored version, which was incorrect.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
Okay, then i think they got stronger. I must have read an early rumored version, which was incorrect.

Yeah, I think there was a spoiled version that had some copy and paste from an elf team and was full of errors.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

@bghandras, you can see the BB2020 Necro roster here:

https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20NecromanticSetUp

Wraiths have Block, Foul Appearance, No Hands, Side Step, G,S access.
Price 95k.
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

And they look like a sheet on a washing line.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, i can see, i love them. I think wraiths are awesome.

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2020 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Grasshugger17 wrote:
And they look like a sheet on a washing line.

Those white Spirit Host icons are just placeholders.
You can see the right Wraith icons here:
https://fumbbl.com/help:EtherealT
 Jump to: