54 coaches online • Server time: 23:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Khemri
Better
71%
 71%  [ 49 ]
Worse
10%
 10%  [ 7 ]
Same
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 69

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
The question is if I can earn enough SPPs on a Thrower to take +AG, considering there is no MVP nomination anymore.
Anyway, if getting +stats is so hard to the point it's not achievable before Redraft, I wonder why there is the option to take +stats. Really a bad system.

Agree. The Stat Up system is way to expensive when you factor in the 20k Agent Fees. +AV is attractive at only +10k and +MA is always useful, but the +AG and +ST are much more prohibitive.

Of course it depends on race, and Khemri could really use +AG but its a long haul
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we have to look at the new system in a very different way...

First of all you could definitely redraft one or a few skeletons that received a good random skill from one season to the next, this will probably happen all the time. A skeleton with DP, Wrestle or Block is a sure thing to redraft at 50k plus agent fee of 20k.. or a skeleton that end the season at 6-10SPP could also be interesting to redraft.

I would not be surprised if players such as Tomb Guardians are just replaced with new ones every season and then you pick Guard, MB, Stand Firm on them as the level up during the season.

The players you will redraft are probably going to be a few of the other positional players and some skeletons that have gotten a good random skill or two.

This will make your team pretty efficient from a team value perspective and you will get perhaps four to six players from one season to the next where some will live on the team for maybe three or even four seasons, depending on how they develop.

In my opinion rehire really expensive players might not be a really good idea as it can make your team vulnerable if that player is knocked out. If you have a player that is worth 200k and most of the other players are at 100k and below that player might just get a big bullseye on their backs.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If the good Khemri player is the Thrower, protecting him should be quite easy.
I think a good Thrower it's a player I would keep.
Not interested in keeping Skeletons, instead.
I guess I would fire them to save gold and keep the good AG 3 Thrower.
If I can't get AG 3, then I just cycle the Thrower.
Looks like a really boring ruleset.
Doofr

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 01:37 Reply with quote Back to top

TG without BT ad MB will be tied up easily by players like zomb.

Low/mid tv Khemi with TG with very few skills (cant feed them mvp anymore and gl to make lot of cas without MB) will cripple the chances of the Khem imho.

Will have to play them like Carlo to succeed , fouls, fouls ....Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:

I would not be surprised if players such as Tomb Guardians are just replaced with new ones every season and then you pick Guard, MB, Stand Firm on them as the level up during the season.

Teach me how to skills 3 times the TG in 15 games, with random mvp ,ag1 ad no block or mb ?

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 07:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Touchbacks
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Doofr wrote:
CAB wrote:

Teach me how to skills 3 times the TG in 15 games, with random mvp ,ag1 ad no block or mb ?

That is three different skills you can give to DIFFERENT guardians... they should be able to get one or two skills per season. You probably could skill them up once by choice and then give them one or two random strength skills.
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If the good Khemri player is the Thrower, protecting him should be quite easy.
I think a good Thrower it's a player I would keep.
Not interested in keeping Skeletons, instead.
I guess I would fire them to save gold and keep the good AG 3 Thrower.
If I can't get AG 3, then I just cycle the Thrower.
Looks like a really boring ruleset.

The Thrower on a Khemri team are probably a typical player you want one or more statup on. As the Thrower does allot of TD that should not be too difficult to get either. If you keep your throwers for two or three seasons you can also alternate them so one is training while one is your star.

Personally I would rehire any Skeleton that rolled a good random skill, I would definitely want at least one DP skeleton from game one of every season and any Block/Wrestle skeleton is golden too.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

except, how many skeletons skill in an average season (with random mvps)? 3-5?

So you probably won't get a single one with dirty player, and you've got a fair chance of not getting any with block or wrestle.

So, if you want that dirty player.. you need to choose the primary skill. So now he's costing you 80k to redraft? No.
Doofr

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

CAB wrote:
Doofr wrote:
CAB wrote:

That is three different skills you can give to DIFFERENT guardians... they should be able to get one or two skills per season. You probably could skill them up once by choice and then give them one or two random strength skills.

Oh right a stand firm naked TG , what a good idea...

Im pretty sure that you were talking to skill them 3 times before redraft.

Because its absurd to take for first skill on a TG stand firm...

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
except, how many skeletons skill in an average season (with random mvps)? 3-5?

So you probably won't get a single one with dirty player, and you've got a fair chance of not getting any with block or wrestle.

So, if you want that dirty player.. you need to choose the primary skill. So now he's costing you 80k to redraft? No.

Maybe he has a secret to skill skellies and TG than we dunno . Surprised

Give us your secret !!!

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Doofr wrote:
[
Oh right a stand firm naked TG , what a good idea...

Im pretty sure that you were talking to skill them 3 times before redraft.

Because its absurd to take for first skill on a TG stand firm...

Are you trolling me now or what!?!?

I would make Stand Firm a second selected skill which is not that odd to get on a Tomb Guardian that already have Guard or something.

In the new rules I would likely always pick the first skill and the second would be picked or random based on my needs and how fast I think they get SPP... they might have received more than one MVP and a casualty or two for example.

If you play 15 games you are likely to get enough SPP on the skeletons to pick between 4-6 random skills and perhaps one or two selected ones, it depends on the random nature of MVP and CAS.

It is quite likely that one or two skeleton get a useful skill you like to keep to the next season.

I'm pretty sure you all know this and just argue for argue sake.. Wink
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If I want to keep a good Thrower, I guess I can't afford to spend gold on fodder Skeletons. All the gold will be saved in order to keep him.
Also, I think that keeping a Tomb Guardian with Guard could be better than keeping a Skeleton with a random skill. Just my guess. Also, I don't want to keep Skeletons, because I want a lean TV. Every 30 TV matters.

Last edited by MattDakka on %b %09, %2020 - %17:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
CAB

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
If I want to keep a good Thrower, I guess I can't afford to invest money on fodder Skeletons. All the gold will be saved in order to keep him.
Also, I think that keeping a Tomb Guardian with Guard could be better than keeping a Skeleton with a random skill. Just my guess. Also, I don't want to keep Skeletons, because I want a lean TV. Every 30 TV matters.

The agent fee does not add to your TV... it just increase the cost to rehire them.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 17:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, but it's still 20k I have to spend on a Skeleton, that I could use to keep a Guardian or a Thrower (or a Blitzer).
A Tomb Guardian with Guard is better than a Skeleton with a skill, random or not.

So, the BB2020 meta looks to me: skill up as fast as you can 1-2 key players on the team (in one Season if possible to keep low the agent fee), then keep them as long as you can, firing the fodder linos to save money for the re-hiring of the few good players.
I have this impression.
 Jump to: