16 coaches online • Server time: 07:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Niessuh

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Lyracian wrote:
Q: The rules for team turns state that a team turn ends when
all eligible players have been activated. However, the rules for
player activations state that coaches are not obliged to activate
every player. Does this mean that coaches can choose to end
their team turn without activating all of their eligible players if
they wish? (p.42)
A: Yes. Remember that a player can choose to move
zero squares, so if you wish to do nothing with a player
simply activate them, move zero squares, and then end
their activation.

Beast of Nurgle and Trolls beware! You do not have to activate but now it seems you do. No more leaving these players on their own to tie up opponents. If you do they have a 50% chance to go stupid.

Not good for Nurgle or Goblins...

It becomes worse: It also affects Animal Savagery and Unchanneled Fury, so all big guys and vampires would be affected having to roll them every-single-turn. I think this FAQ Answer is a loud comment that doesn't think about the real consequences, but again this is wishful thinking.

If this is true you could usually be trying to intentionaly cause a turnover in order to avoid those stupid/animal/fury rolls!
J_13

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The answer is also quite unclear. When they ask "Does this mean that coaches can choose to end
their team turn without activating all of their eligible players if they wish?" the answer is a clear yes. However, the phrase after is a contradiction with that 'Yes'.

GW being GW.
sebco

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

For me, it is clearly "yes". Then, if some coachs absolutely want to activate their players, they can do it moving 0 square (but, as other said, that's a bad choice for some big guys with negatrait).

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

J_13 wrote:
The answer is also quite unclear. When they ask "Does this mean that coaches can choose to end
their team turn without activating all of their eligible players if they wish?" the answer is a clear yes. However, the phrase after is a contradiction with that 'Yes'.

GW being GW.

Niessuh wrote:
It becomes worse: It also affects Animal Savagery and Unchanneled Fury, so all big guys and vampires would be affected having to roll them every-single-turn. I think this FAQ Answer is a loud comment that doesn't think about the real consequences, but again this is wishful thinking.

If this is true you could usually be trying to intentionaly cause a turnover in order to avoid those stupid/animal/fury rolls!

I mentioned on page 1 that a playtester has confirmed the answer is "yes" in that big guys can still be left alone unactivated.
J_13

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:
J_13 wrote:

GW being GW.

Niessuh wrote:

I mentioned on page 1 that a playtester has confirmed the answer is "yes" in that big guys can still be left alone unactivated.

Sure, I read that. However, most people will read the FAQs and won't check this back with a playtester. That is the problem, if GW is releasing FAQs, why don't they do it properly?
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2020 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Nice. That answer (moving 0 squares, end activation) could be misunderstood.

Very misunderstood!

The FAQ needs a FAQ!
Traul

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Niessuh wrote:
AzraelEVA wrote:

Multiple rerolls in one turn stays.

Told ya! another big win for dwarfs (and other 50k RR teams: human, skaven and elfs)
Now having more than 3 RR is useful and makes risky plays more reliable,

Dwarves are the very bottom of that list: they do not have enough high risk/high reward possibilities to make use of it. Sure, they might reroll 2 blocks in a turn, but does it really make a difference compared to rerolling another block next turn? The faster teams will benefit a lot more.
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

1ds? -2ds? much needed gfis?

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
ceetee wrote:
Diving tackle clarification still puzzles me. If the dodge is failed on the first roll, diving tackle can be used on the reroll assuming it wasn’t used on the first roll.
So with a wardancer dodging on a 2+...
Roll a 3 on the first dice, no DT, dodge successful.
Roll a 3 on the first dice, DT used, wardancer uses dodge reroll and needs only a 2+ to escape?
Have I misunderstood? (Every chance this is the case Smile)

That's what I understand reading designer's answer and that's a bit strange... Before that Q&A, that point seems clear to me and it is no more...

Funnily enough, this is not a change from 2016. I was surprised as I have always assumed DT modified both the initial dodge roll and any reroll after it forced a fail, but it turns out that's not been the case in at least 4 years Surprised

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2020 - 04:39 Reply with quote Back to top

While the passing game has largely gotten worse; multiple rerolls in a turn are a help for a number of passing plays; at least for teams with less skills for that. The prospect of mass burning rerolls to enable a TD is at least something one must take into account, and will have a significant effect on times where several rolls would be needed to score (eg pickup, shortest pass, catch, gfi, gfi)
Captain_Crumpet

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2020 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

New reroll rules will also help teams with a lot of inbuilt block since they are a lot more likely to have more available at the end of the drive.
 Jump to: