45 coaches online • Server time: 10:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are you ready to come full circle?
Yes! Everything old is new again!
27%
 27%  [ 12 ]
Probably, I'm ready for some change.
23%
 23%  [ 10 ]
Maybe... I don't want to lose too much.
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
nO! cHaNgE iS bAd!!!
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
I've been circling that pie like a hawk!
37%
 37%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 43

pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2021 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

DrClaes wrote:
Not sure how I feel about not rewarding higher TV match-ups. We will no longer see the extreme fat teams of days of old, 2500 TV ranked games, but we will definitely see some end-of season evenly skilled elf teams breaking 1500. Again, we have yet to see the meta.

I could add Baseline(s) for above TV1350 at like +9 and/or +11.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2021 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

ooo i could absolutely get behind that. I'm not sure about the numbers (somehow now i feel like it might be too harsh on some of the methods to get games - despite this probably being much better than my own suggestion; in particular, maybe 9 for gamefinder tier 2 and 11 for gamefinder tier 1) but i LIKE the overall concept.

And given your past dedication to making updates as you see how results go.. I would absolutely play a season with these numbers (or slightly different if someone else makes a suggestion you like.)

One big thing to note, that I agree with, is this places the emphasis on playing games, not on winning games (although winning is still important). This I think matches E.L.F. - play games!

This might even be enough to simply take the first cycle, instead of needing the ability to improve; you would no longer be worried if someone picks their way to 10 wins with those games, as that wouldn't be reliable, except if the baseline points are low.
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2021 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I went back a looked at some of Season 73 which was the last time we had a bunch of Cycles completed in both Ranked and Blackbox. Mad Screamers won that season playing 15 matches. Bust the Moon came in 1st in Blackbox but 5th overall playing... 72 matches!

I wanted to see how the "10 matches against 10 different races" rule could potentially impact Auto Scheduled teams starting from scratch like Bust the Moon did in Season 73.

With that rule in place, Bust the Moon would have completed 4 Cycles (and just narrowly missed a 5th). The first 3 Cycles were 12 & 13 matches, not so bad starting out. Then one Cycle stretched out to 24 matches where races kept being repeated over and over. Ouch.

If that rule (and the Elf/Stunty limits) did not apply to Auto Scheduled matches, Bust the Moon would have completed 7 Cycles. That sits a little bit better with me.

So, I'm thinking about making it so only Game Finder/League matches must adhere to the "10 vs. 10" limitation. Something like this...

Group rules:

For "Tiers" mentioned in Baseline scoring, opponent races are broken up as follows:

Tier 1= Orcs, Dwarf, Chaos Dwarf, Skaven, Undead, Human, Norse, Zons, Imperial, Old World Alliance, Lizardmen

Tier 2= Chaos, Nurgle, Pact, Necro, Tomb Kings, Vamps, Black Orc, Underworld, Ogre/Halflings/Goblin/Snotlings

Your Mission:

Play 10 matches to generate the highest possible Cycle score.

Gamefinder/League Additional Rules*:

Only your first match against any of the races listed in the two Tiers will be the one that counts, even if you play that race again and score better.

Only one game against an "easy" stunty team will count--that's ogres, halfling, snotlings, and goblin--the first match you play against one of these 4 races locks your team out from scoring against any others during that same Cycle.

Please note the 4 elvish races are not scoring options for Open play.

*Matches arranged via the Auto Scheduler and Official FUMBBL Touraments are not limited by these rules. For example, it is possible to be matched up against the same race (including elves & "easy" stunty) multiple times in 10 games and complete the Cycle when you are not choosing your opponents.

The Cycle:

When you have a complete set of 10 scores that can be reported, your team is said to have "Completed the Cycle." Congrats!

You are now free to begin a new Cycle with your team unaffected by the previous one(s), or work to complete a Cycle with an entirely different elf team. Your team(s) can show up in the standings more than once in the same E.L.F. Season!

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2021 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as I was digging into the API more I discovered that Coach Rating appears on the Match Report but isn't a part of the API. And there's stuff in the API that doesn't display on the Match Report...

So it looks like CR isn't an option for baseline after all. I'll hold off on making any more plans until we're sure the game finder and auto scheduler information will be part of the API.

Jump to: