31 coaches online • Server time: 08:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2024 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If Cindy declares an "All you can eat" action and fumbles the first bomb (being KO by it), should a spotting roll be made?
I watched a game where this happened and the lack of spotting roll looked wrong to me, I'm asking because I'm not sure.
This is the game: https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4540614
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2024 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

She declared AYCE, but didn't get to use it so why would there be a roll?

If you say you are going to throw a pie in my face, but don't actually go through w/ it should I be upset that you didn't do the thing that would have upset me?

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2024 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I agree with you from a logical perspective, but maybe that spotting roll is triggered by simply declaring the "All you can eat" action. The second pie wasn't thrown due to fumbling the first one, but technically the "All you can eat" action was declared.

I asked because the spotting roll could be triggered by simply declaring the action, no matter if you manage to actually throw 0, 1 or 2 pies. I'm unsure about this detail.

I mean this order:

1) "All you can eat" is declared;
2) 0, 1, 2 pies are thrown (or fumbled);
3) spotting roll is made.

Technically, once you declare the "All you can eat" special action, it can't be used again for the rest of the match.
This suggests that it's not important whether the "All you can eat" pies are thrown, otherwise the action would be used only when 2 pies are actually thrown.
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2024 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Once per game, Cindy may perform two Throw Bomb Special actions rather than one, though she must commit to doing so before making the first action. If she does, immediately after performing the second Throw Bomb Special action roll a D6. On a 1-3 Cindy is immediately Sent Off.

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2024 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty clear the send off only happens after the second bomb throw, IF she does get to make it.

Oscar Wilde
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2024 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Perfectly clear, thank you!
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2024 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Its surprising how much it helps to actually read the rules sometimes ;o

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2024 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

The NOVEMBER 2023 FAQ of GW(https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/P9GJXUTdGyGDeZkk.pdf):
Q: If Cindy Piewhistle declares she is using her All You Can Eat special rule, but hits herself with the first Throw Bomb Special action (either through a Fumble or by being caught in the explosion) does she still roll to be ejected, and does she still count as having used her special rule? (p.82)
A: Cindy will not roll to be ejected as this roll is only made after the second Throw Bomb Special action, which has not been performed in this instance. However, she will still count as having used her special rule as it was declared at the beginning of her activation.
 Jump to: