38 coaches online • Server time: 10:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Phontome

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have to say, I have been doing it wrong. I usually save the APO for a kill, and its been about 60 percent or higher Kill Kill. Not sure how to check that stat. Might just be in my own mind. I do know that in the 3 months I have been here I have seen it 3 or more times.

garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Heff wrote:
Not so much the APO thing, but a kick off that ends up on the touchline WILL go off.

Unless you are receiving Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
I appreciate it's the way the game is, but I always thought it would be nicer if it was not random and could be used to reduce the injury category by 1
E.g. Death -> SI -> BH -> KO -> Stunned -> Prone.

It would reduce a lot of the frustration of death to death rolls for those who want to use it from a teambuilding standpoint and provide more certainty for those using it to win the game at hand

That just means you have dead no apo, why would you apo a dead guy just to get -ST?

Also randomness is beautiful, there is no reason to reduce it in a dice game.

DLE College 7s
Coewolf

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks everyone for the comments. Just to clarify my initial post, I wasn´t complaining or promoting my use of Apo. Definitely I´m using Apo as I feel it and sometimes I just want to save those poor Snots who tried the best to play on the Pump Wagon. I was just bit surprised, that I didn´t see any different result. I´m not saying it´s a bug or error and I really hope it´s just coincidence and Nuffle is laughing at me.

I know about the confirmation bias, but I don´t have that many games on Fumbbl to lose the track. I admit I will need to go to some older games to check, but let´s say about last 20 games I was careful to check when I used Apo. Actually I was seeking that different result. I understand Killed to Killed is kinda standard thing that happens (thanks Nuffle), but that one SI, that was exactly the same both times surprised me little bit.
Seventyone

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2021 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

regarding the kick on the touchline thing the way the graphics work on FUMBBL if the kick is going to go straight off by miles it still appears next to sideline momentarily. This may explain what you see.

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
I appreciate it's the way the game is, but I always thought it would be nicer if it was not random and could be used to reduce the injury category by 1
E.g. Death -> SI -> BH -> KO -> Stunned -> Prone.

This would seem a nicest and simple mechanic, I wonder why I've never heard people suggesting it before.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 13, 2021 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

because death to perm is a waste that no one would do since most perms are auto retire anyway. the illusion of being able to avoid death is far more appealing.
 Jump to: