32 coaches online • Server time: 15:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will bb2020 changes make you retire from fumbbl?
Never, fumbbl 4eva!
76%
 76%  [ 338 ]
Completely retire
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
Retire except still do league
7%
 7%  [ 32 ]
Retire except still do some tournaments
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
Undecided
13%
 13%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 443

Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2021 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Beerox wrote:

Yep that's me. Been gone 5 years. Just got worn out by the old rules (pre-2016). Then I went to league and got worn down by no shows and all that.

But there is mysterious pull this game has on me, and the UI for the PC game is just too messy. Might come back.[/quote]

It is the WARPSTONE that does it.
It is hidden in the CODE and PIXELS of this SITE.
Built in to the Pewter and Resin of Mini's.
Activated by the smells of Glue and Paint.
Triggered by the SOUNDS of Blocking, Fouling, Moving, TD's and especially the SQUISH of newly dead pixel/player.

The game is addictive.

Where else can you kill a Skaven... Raise Him from the Dead and then use him to Foul his former Team-mates?

Where else can you Laugh one moment, Celebrate like you've won a World Cup the next moment, and then Throw a Tantrum after a Dicing like some Child the next and still be considered "Normal"?

Only on FUMBBL, only with Blood Bowl.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2021 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Craftnburn wrote:

ClayInfinity wrote:
I think the new meta for elf teams will be two thrower builds.

I actually do run 2 throwers on my HE team (then again it's a perpetual league so I can afford to develop them!) and they pass when I'm on Offense. But for Defense it's extremely hard to get them into position to be the 'scoopers' with MA6, as Weresquid explains quite well.

It's not so hard to do Craft. You just have to SPLIT THE FIELD between the 2 Throwers. That is what I had been doing all the way back in LRB4 (and before that).
You have to do it that way because of the MA limitations and you can do that.
I have no doubt of your abilities to factor that in to your Playstyle. You are at least as good as I am. Probably better.
It just takes a little more forethought about where you place those 2on the turn before. In general... they go about in each line between the Middle and the Wide Zones. 2nd Line of the Defense. I had to do it this way because I mainly played Humans and only the Throwers were any good at this job in the 1st place.

Does it SUCK and NERF the ELVES? Hell yes it does. And I totally agree with you on all of that.
But you can adapt and overcome on this issue. Of that there is not doubt. But I can understand the "Do I want to?" aspect. Your points are also valid.

Last edited by Catalyst32 on Aug 03, 2021 - 05:49; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2021 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:
koadah wrote:

That is not going to happen because the user base is too small.

I also believe that standard league will not have seasons.

I think it is a very real possibility that 90% of future play moves into private leagues using the old rules. Preventing an "old rules" division with gamefinder is only delaying the inevitable.

I doubt it. Many people here are wedded to the "official" rules no matter how terrible.

In private leagues, it is much harder to just turn up and find a game at any time.

Many people have always followed the retire/restart cycle anyway.

mingoose wrote:

When you say "standard league" do you mean the new open (vs strict)? Otherwise I thought that it was already established seasons would be 15 games with a 1350 TV redraft.

I mean the default league of the League division. Ruleset 6. No seasons.

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2021 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

RIP CLAWPOMB 2021

That being said, I can't wait to roll out a +2DP deathroller!

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2021 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

The hardest part is I have never enjoyed low TV Blood Bowl. I will still play my league as it isn't Low TV.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2021 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Calcium wrote:
RIP CLAWPOMB 2021

That being said, I can't wait to roll out a +2DP deathroller!

Save up for the double and get SG to go with it....Actually since players with guard offer assists on fouls even when marked, forget SG.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2021 - 04:48 Reply with quote Back to top

extremegrazedknee wrote:

I trust the game testers more than the sceptics who have only read the rules.

What are you NEW? I didn't play any LRB 1 or 3.
And I haven't read ANY of the new rules. (Not officially. I have just read some Forum posts written about them.) So I am not saying this based on any opinion I have formed about the new Rules.

But I was around when LRB 2 was a thing. And I was here on FUMBBL for LRB 4, 5, 6 and... what is this now... LRB7?
And it has been CLEAR to ME that the complaints people have had about the OLD RULES and the NEW RULES (in every iteration) are almost always ACCURATE both BEFORE and AFTER they have played them.
If you KNOW THE GAME in the way that many people here KNOW THE GAME you can almost IMMEDIATELY see what is BROKEN and what has been Buffed and what has been Nerfed.
Do they sometimes blow the buffing and nerfing out of proportion? YES. Of course they do sometimes. And I have been just as guilty of this at times. But it is RARE that they are WRONG especially about what is BROKEN.

FUMBBL is where THE EXPERTS are.
Not in the room where the Rules are Written.
When you KNOW THE GAME you can see the BROKEN aspects of the Newest Rules RIGHT AWAY.

I don't think anybody minds most of the Buffs or Nerfs that much. Those are MEH changes to the game.
But the BROKEN aspects of the game... those would NEVER survive the final edit of THE EXPERTS.
But the people that get to design the game pass on a few BROKEN Rules every time.

Thankfully they sometimes FIX some of the previous BROKEN Rules as they go. But you would think that by now they would have developed a MOSTLY PERFECT Rule Book by now.

I think almost all Coaches could accept that their Favorite Teams got nerfed from Tier 1 to Tier 2 or Tier 2 to Tier 3 etc etc etc.
But seriously? How do they crank out SO MUCH GARBAGE every time?
They do that because they are NOT THE EXPERTS.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2021 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
But if the random skills you got were the skills you wanted (because you played lots of games and recycled players until you got a good one). You would keep them a few seasons as they would be tv efficient vs chosen skills?
Lots of ifs and unlikely fringe cases there

Yeah. Rolling Eyes But if I could just pick the skills my player needs to be useful he would be great and I could keep him until he DIED if it wasn't for stupid rules. Rolling Eyes
Nedlam

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2021 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would stay at Fumbbl. This is a good interface to play and able to make lots of things.
Willownen

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2021 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Mingoose wrote:

I think it is a very real possibility that 90% of future play moves into private leagues using the old rules. Preventing an "old rules" division with gamefinder is only delaying the inevitable.

Come on man. 90% just keep playing semi-BB2016, instead of playing BB2020? More likely it'll be the opposite.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2021 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolvassa wrote:

As cool as all of the big teams are, the fact that they exist means that I have never bothered playing much in box/ranked. I know I'd lose to a lot of coaches just on skill, but I don't have the patience or commitment to ever build a team that will be close to them in TV.

I've watched a few of the big tournament games, but when the TV is that high it feels like a completely different game.

Bloodbowl should be about managing risk vs reward, and at a certain TV you are able to eliminate to many of the risks in your own turn for me to find it as interesting.

I bolded part of your post.

THAT IS THE POINT. Building 1 of the Monster Teams IS "like a completely different game." A BETTER GAME. 1 with a REAL STORY that encompasses most of a team. 1 with Ups and Downs and a few REAL accomplishments.

You can go play a game with ROOKIE TEAMS anytime. You can go play games with slightly developed teams anytime. You can go MIN/MAX your roster and play a boring style of play anytime.

But you can only develop a Monster Team to play against the other Monster Teams in an environment that doesn't FORCE YOU to only be able to play Rookies and other Young Teams.

It is as if the Rules have been changed so that there is no more NFL and no more College Football... just Mighty Mites, PeeWees, Junior, Middle School and as soon as you get to play your 1st Varsity game your Career End while you are 14 or 15 years old.

Or for you Foreignors... No Premiere League or whatever. Just games for Small Children and Teens.

Well I want to play my ADULT TEAMS and start a few Mighty Mites teams every now and then and take them all the way into the NFL someday.

But... whatever... I am better at lower TV's espscially with the Races I am best at playing. So I will win more games.
And I just won't be putting any effort into creating ANYTHING COOL about my teams anymore. Because what would be the point. No more cool puns or funny names. No cool concepts for the teams. No Team Song. Not list of the teams appearances in Tournaments and how far they advanced.
Just Scoring and Maiming.

Watch out. Here comes Joe Lineman &c.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2021 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

This isn't really adding to the conversation, but I can't wait to do all of the things that will come with 2020: running teams through seasons, managing them via random v. chosen skills, playing the Black Box Trophy again (one of my favorite things on here), seeing how the tournament scene changes... all of that makes me tingle with excitement. But I am also newly a part of CIBBL and I would love to build my Ogres into a team of legend over many seasons. The teams I really want to keep big I'll move to L and figure out a league to play them in; the rest I'll redraft and have a blast doing it. I don't know, it just seems like a great chance to have fun learning something new. Sometimes the best part is that initial stage when nothing has crystallized into dogma and everyone is flailing about together.
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2021 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So far, I have not heard anything said about teams being able to move to the League division other than Slann.

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2021 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a little excited about the rules change. I think it's mostly that I prefer playing in the 1350 range- higher team values aren't as fun for me. That's just my preference, but I'm excited for the new rules.
Medon

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2021 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I’m also excited about the new rules. Making redrafting decisions is a nice addition to the game that keeps it more interesting over time. And I’ve always find it a bit strange that you pay your players just once in their life and then they continue to play for you forever. Sounds more like slavery. Fits some teams fluff but elves would never do that. Much better to pay your players out a new salary every year, even with 20k increase of their wages. Nice negotiation done by the Bloodbowl Players Labour Union there.
 Jump to: