59 coaches online • Server time: 21:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Think it's -2 because Leap allow you to ignore the 2nd of the 3 tackle zones

That makes no sense... its -1 per TZ either from the start or destination square, which ever is WORST.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And then leap lets you ignore one tackle zone, but can't bring you below -1.

So if there is one tackle zone, it doesn't ignore it. If there are 2 (or more) tackle zones, then leap ignores one of them. Therefore, leap allows you to ignore the 2nd tackle zone.

Therefore, on a standard cage break, you jump into 3 tackle zones, then leap allows you to ignore the 2nd tackle zone, and therefore, you have a -2.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Who cares. No one will be playing them.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for correction. Then Dodging into a cage with Dodge is better than Leaping.
Why taking Leap, then? Razz

I guess Leap could still work with Very Long Legs in other situations, but it will be hard to have more than 2 skills with BB2020.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jan 30, 2021 - 12:07; edited 2 times in total
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Re. Leap it will be still effectively be 4+ to leap into 3 TZs if you are Ag4, which is a truly awful change in my opinion and will wreck one of the few cage-breaking tactics for many teams (the others are also worse now, but I've discussed that elsewhere and haven't the heart to go into that again here ^^)

On the big guys I can't believe they have offered the rat ogre, but then you can only pick 3 big guys. Why oh why? Four big guys will hardly be overpowered, in fact it will probably be worse if you want to win as they just become too unreliable (especially with a rat ogre), but it would at least have been a laugh to run around with four big guys. Missed a trick there, so yeah who cares - very few will be playing them. Not competitive enough and not enough laughs.

I was kind of hoping they would have introduced another big guy too - way back in 1st edition the equivalent of Pact had another option called the Troglodyte, a giant scaly, humanoid reptile. I guess the precursor of the krox, something like that would have been a fun addition too.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Long Legs would allow you to ignore the 3rd Tackle Zone as well so cage diving would just be -1
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is managing to stack stills in BB2020. Let's say a Gutter Runner, he needs Wrestle, Leap, Very Long Legs and another skill (Dauntless, Strip Ball, Horns).
It looks not realistically achievable with Season Redraft.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

DrDeath wrote:
...On the big guys I can't believe they have offered the rat ogre, but then you can only pick 3 big guys. Why oh why?
Four big guys will hardly be overpowered...

To force Christer to write the code to handle it. Twisted Evil

The n from m facility would be great for custom rosters. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 16:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Big guys looks like good candidates to roll random STR skills, especially ogre and mino that can't roll Strong arm or THick Skull; for 13 spp and 30k TV, you can have three skills, with arm bar, pile driver and multiple block as three weak results on 8(mino) or 9 (ogre can have grab). I think it can be better than block for 12spp and 40K.
I can see trying random STR skills for 6spp on the maraudeurs too, and keeping only MB or Guard. Usefull especially at end of season.
Maybe that way it is possible to build a semi-decent team over two/three seasons, with 0-1 RR and possibly only two big guys just after the redraft (keeping the elf carrier, killer maraudeur, big guys that rolled well and skaven sacker for exemple).

I don't know if the passer fit wells, he seems expensive for a leader caddy (45k more with leader than a normal maraudeur and 65k if you want to keep him after a season, not much better than just a RR).
sebco

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As I read it, the 20k agent fee doesn't count into TV, it's only an amount to pay when you redraft.

So, in your example, if you chose to keep your Renegade Human Thrower with Leader, he will take 75 + 20 + 20 = 115k (assuming he has chosen his passing primary skill and I'm almost sure he did Very Happy ) of your 1350k max budget (on FUMBBL) but he will only count 95k in your TV.

Post   Posted: Jan 30, 2021 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

sebco wrote:
As I read it, the 20k agent fee doesn't count into TV, it's only an amount to pay when you redraft.

Sebco that is my understanding too but your budget could buy 70k TRR + 50k Linemen = 120k.
Your leader caddy is saving you 20k TV but you had to invest SPP to get him there. When you get to Season 3 he then costs 135k of your budget!

lautrehamon wrote:
Big guys looks like good candidates to roll random STR skills,

I could see taking a couple of random Str skills and then saving up for Block with the Big Guy that got the good Random skills.

MattDakka wrote:
The problem is managing to stack stills in BB2020. Let's say a Gutter Runner, he needs Wrestle, Leap, Very Long Legs and another skill (Dauntless, Strip Ball, Horns).
It looks not realistically achievable with Season Redraft.

Not sure I could ever see taking VLL even if I already had Leap. On a Skaven Gutter Runner it would add 40k the same as +AG! It would be 20k for the Dark Elf or Underworld Gutter.

I do not see skill stacking as a problem. I expect most teams will have a couple of highly skilled players. You will just end up with the extreme of the 9 Rookie 2 Legend teams. We will seem much more homogenize among teams.
 Jump to: