31 coaches online • Server time: 09:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Choiecs Choices
+ST
85%
 85%  [ 81 ]
Guard
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
Sure Feet
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Something else... Dump Off 8)
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 95

Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2021 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer guard over +ST here, regardless of the TV cost.

I do not use catchers to blitz (unless desperate), so ST3 does not help me. If they carry the ball, they wont be hit, so ST is not important either. If I use them as utility players, ST3 turns 3d blocks against them into 2d blocks. That is nice, but not huge.

Guard is so valuable on catchers otoh. Especially combined with sidestep and block (which was chosen over wrestle here for some reason). It improves the impact of my first wardancer by miles. Guard can raise my wardancers ST by one and also cancel an assist. That is where the ST counts, on the wardancer that blitzes. A guard catcher helps a lot with that, having a 3rd wardancer that doesnt even leap does not.

You can hope to have guard on linos ofc, but getting them to blodge/wrodge and sidestep takes so long, they probably wont make it before careers end. So having in on a catcher is a true blessing.
Azur

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2021 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

@Bram : that's what I call a catcher!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2021 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I took a +S on a Human catcher, and then a +Ag recently oh him too. Will be really expensive but still worth considering in the new ruleset. Of course you don't want your ball carrier being blitzed so the strength may not be worth it if he is not getting hit or hitting. But S3 is so much better than S2..

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2021 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I would take +str for 100 tv, +stats are amazing any day and it gives something for the haters to fab about when it dies Smile
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2021 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Stat-ups are certainly fun but they aren't always amazing. Even under the current rule set would you take +AG on a troll? Having said that there was Farmer Giles, that agile, leaping troll ball carrier a few years ago; great fun and he even worked sometimes, but hardly optimal XD I often had misgivings about increasing catchers to St3 before for exactly the reasons Rawlf gives above - their Strength doesn't get used that often either for hitting or being hit, and therefore you are not getting bang for your buck. But at least stats were priced fairly reasonably on players like that so it didn't make too much difference, and hell stats were fun. But +80 for Str - never mind 100 - no way ever, just too much of a bloat handicap on anything. Which is sad, another poor rule change that will remove diversity and the ability to make special players 😔
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2021 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The only good Wardancer...

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2021 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc Stat-ups are fun!

https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=8304350

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2021 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Whatever you think about the value of +strength, if you want it it's better to take it now. The new rules make it very hard to get even if you save the points to try for it.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2021 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Under new rules +ST will be less appealing due to 80 TV cost, so I don't think many people will get it.
 Jump to: