39 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shushnik

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

"This means that the player may perform this action for free."

What a weird and convoluted way to rationalize bad rules writing.

All actions are 'free'. None has any resource cost of any kind. The only possible meaning in this context is that it does not count as your standard foul action, but that's not even true now. *sigh*
koadah

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

What does "free" mean? That they cannot be sent off?

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I can only assume it's "free" because it's the Piling On replacement which required you to "spend a Reroll"
koadah

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

So, a regular foul with assists counting as usual?

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Not unless the Black Gobbo somehow picks up Pile Driver. It’s a pity because the new FAQ means that it went from a niche skill to almost non-existent. (Although not as bad as Hail Mary Pass)
BlockBadger

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Does that means you cant do two Piledrivers in the same turn either?

You can only foul once per turn, and thus only use piledriver once per turn.
garyt1

Post   Posted: May 25, 2021 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was an agility skill (like someone who can do a very quick kicking) so a stunty player could block or blitz and then foul it might get a bit of traction. Or for a saw! Not too many players looking for strength skills that don't mind the sending off risk.
Unless you want someone like Lord Borak..

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
If it was an agility skill (like someone who can do a very quick kicking) so a stunty player could block or blitz and then foul it might get a bit of traction. Or for a saw! Not too many players looking for strength skills that don't mind the sending off risk.
Unless you want someone like Lord Borak..

Chaos Chosen come to mind. Also Orcs. Their Linemen have access to both General and Strength skills on normal, so you can get both Pile Driver + Dirty Player at normal cost.

The advantage is being able to do it after a failed block on someone who's still standing. Like a ball-carrier. Or a particularly valuable player you really want to remove. You can potentially get 2D with a re-roll and then still foul.

It also makes Bribe more valuable inducement.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so so much wrong in that statement. ><

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

can you really pile drive an opponent that is still standing? I thought the oppo first needs to be prone, just like it was with piling on?
sokeeffe

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Whilst I agree it is terribly worded (and makes a niche skill even narrower), my interpretation of the 'free' is that now you player can make a 'free' foul action in addition their normal declared 'block' action.

Since you have to declare a player's action before using them, this is essentially allowing you to take a second action if the criteria are met. Free is a crappy way to describe it though.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
can you really pile drive an opponent that is still standing? I thought the oppo first needs to be prone, just like it was with piling on?

No, my mistake, the opposing player must be knocked down and your own has to be standing.

In this context I'd say the "a free foul action" is an extra foul. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense as it's better to foul with Dirty Player who has assists.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
Medon wrote:

No, my mistake, the opposing player must be knocked down and your own has to be standing.

In this context I'd say the "a free foul action" is an extra foul. Otherwise it doesn't really make sense as it's better to foul with Dirty Player who has assists.

I wonder if you just randomly suggest ideas before reading written/corrected rules ?
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
I wonder if you just randomly suggest ideas before reading written/corrected rules ?

I misremembered something when writing in the morning. Errare humanum est. I admitted my mistake when I realized it, so what's your problem? Are you being a jerk on purpose or does it come naturally to you?
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: May 27, 2021 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
MerryZ wrote:

I misremembered something when writing in the morning. Errare humanum est. I admitted my mistake when I realized it, so what's your problem? Are you being a jerk on purpose or does it come naturally to you?

You corrected but then continue about the free foul saying it is an extra foul. Even though the faq just recently stated that only 1 foul per turn is allowed.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
 Jump to: