30 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fu

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 02:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, which deployment would you use on scrimmage to defend against 1K norse (no Yeti)?

A)
------- STR4 STR4 STR4 -------
STR4 ------- ------- ------- STR4
If he want to 2D he has to use the wolverines, they would roll 1D on second roll and would get stucked in the middle

B)
------- STR4 STR4 STR4 -------
------- -------- ------- -------- -------
He can 2D without the wolverines, but he would need a lot of players which would get stucked in the middle

C)
------- STR3 STR3 STR3 -------
------- -------- STR5 -------- -------
He can easily 2D the frontline, but if he follows he would get stucked with the big guy, and the guys which are hit are more expendable

Last edited by fu on %b %18, %2021 - %02:%Mar; edited 9 times in total
neuro_

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

C) is best usually, because if he gets 2D on your linemen theyre likely to go down first time.then they will end up next to your big guy!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't remember seeing a big guy immediately behind a line of defenders.
What race is this by the way? 5 S4, a s5, and s3s?

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:

Orcs with a Troll?
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

With such a high strength advantage and probably no guards involved at 1k TV I would seriously consider going 'all mens LOS'. Think carefully about how to handle the widezones with the Frenzy out there though.
King_Ghidra

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 12:19 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:

Orcs with a Troll?

5xST4?

something's up with these set ups one way or another
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it is just hypotethical.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The issue is that it depends completely on the team you're playing.
If it's orcs, then putting BU on the LoS is ok, especially if you have some guards.
If it's lizardmen, then your priority is to protect the skinks anyway.
If it's BO then you probably put a troll and two BO, the other protecting the gobbos.
If it's Chaos Chosen then you put the warriors because they have better armours, unless there's a yeti.

And so on.
The objective of a good LoS is rarely to deny blocks entirely (unless you have enough guards and your opponent doesn't). It's rather to put players that can take a few punches and that you can afford to lose. Which is why orcs will usually put the troll and two linemen there - because it's their job to take punches, and it can be hard to punch the troll.

Now, keep in mind that norse have dauntless players as well. It's very hard to deny them blocks until you have the number advantage.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
garyt1 wrote:

Orcs with a Troll?

But he also has 5 ST4. I'm guessing Lizardmen with a Kroxigor.

As for my advice.
The Norse Coach doesn't need 2 Dice t beat your team to death. He has BLOCK all over the place and he might have some Dauntless too.
If you are Lizardmen you DON"T have Block. He can 1 dice you to death on the Saurus because he knock you down on Both Down, Push/Pow and POW with 2 Safe Push results and the option to follow up.
Obviously he WILL use 2 Dice where he can Early and Often. But he won't be afraid to throw a few 1 Dice shots at you late in the turn and hit your Skinks to extinction if he can.
Don't blame Bad Dice if he out Blocks you all game. Blame the POWER of the Block Skill. And just be glad he doesn't
also have TACKLE. (But you can blame the dice if you Double skull or Double 1 alot)

If you aren't playing Lizardmen. My advice changes.

I would go WIDE on my Line. And place my other Saurus in the 2nd Rank behind them. And maybe hid my skinks a bit like this (or some other way with the skinks).
- - - - S - - K - - S - - - -
- - S - - S - - - S - - S - -
- - - - s s - - - s s - - - -

He won't be able to hit your skinks on Turn 1 of his Offense without a Quick Turn Kick Off Result or Rolling a GFI (unless he has a Runner) He only gets to hit 3 Saurus and a Krox and that is who you want him to hit. And they will stand up in the middle of the fight.
(I suppose he can run over your Krox and hit your Skinks but idk figure that out yurself.)
neuro_

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2021 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:

The objective of a good LoS is rarely to deny blocks entirely (unless you have enough guards and your opponent doesn't). It's rather to put players that can take a few punches and that you can afford to lose. Which is why orcs will usually put the troll and two linemen there - because it's their job to take punches, and it can be hard to punch the troll.

exactly- although I wouldnt put any valuable players (other than Big Guys) on the Los unless I had to.
 Jump to: