42 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

In bb2020 wizard's fireball is cast at the start of the opposing teams turn (or at the end) thus allowing you possibly to force the opposing team's turn to end before any of their players have moved. Fireball knocks players down and a knocked down player is a turnover.

Whaddya think about that?

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
MerryZ

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Intentional.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

so the wizard could potentially RIP a player... and give the opponent a second turn. oh golly

policeshades

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

There was a discussion about this on the Facebook Blood Bowl Community group. Sann0638 had the best suggestion by saying it should be FAQed since the wording is unclear.

Option A: as OP suggests.
Option B: it means at the start of the turn (or end) but not within that turn sequence.

As written it looks like Option A. I hazard a guess to say it's not intended but until FAQ...
Arthas85

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

bombing oppo + denying him the turn? Honestly, i cannot believe it is intentional.
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like it is poorly written but the RAW says option A.

Nobody believed the Team Reroll rule to be intentional but it turned out to be!

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Arthas85

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, but the team RR rule was strange but still could make sense...you can use more than 1 RR per turn for difficult actions but you risk to play large part of your game without RR

Here, we are talking about something potentially game-breaking...you do your turn, fireball your oppo, and get another turn if you just knock down one player. Super powerful...
policeshades

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

4+ gain an extra turn and scatter the ball (plus maybe a removal). Definitely too powerful but best wait for an FAQ. Personally I will refuse to play with an opponent who interprets it as written and concede if they insist but that's me.
koadah

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hopefully, the League division will have the option to do it the old way. i.e on your own turn.

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

policeshades wrote:
4+ gain an extra turn and scatter the ball (plus maybe a removal). Definitely too powerful but best wait for an FAQ. Personally I will refuse to play with an opponent who interprets it as written and concede if they insist but that's me.

You cannot stall more until last turn either.
4+ (on probably more than 1 roll) and turn 8th of the oppo is burned.

No more ott tries either if fireball is possible.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Apparently this was the case in BB2016 rules too, if you read the Head Coach's Handbook. Met with similar disbelief to Mighty Blow not working on an Attacker Down result.

I think it's worse for stunties or Gutter Runners trying to stall, because they can get zapped on a 2+.

One other thought: if you had an inaccurate wizard and knocked down one of your own players, would you then lose your next turn?

Post   Posted: May 18, 2021 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
Apparently this was the case in BB2016 rules too, if you read the Head Coach's Handbook. Met with similar disbelief to Mighty Blow not working on an Attacker Down result.

I think it's worse for stunties or Gutter Runners trying to stall, because they can get zapped on a 2+.

One other thought: if you had an inaccurate wizard and knocked down one of your own players, would you then lose your next turn?

Well, if the knock-down result is happening in the opponent's turn, I guess there is no problem for you.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: May 19, 2021 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Atrocious rule writing... the whole intent of BB2020 (although poorly executed) is to make the game more "fun" via the (poor) anti stalling sentiments and removing some of the violence by the MB and Claw nerfs...

This RAW interpretation goes against that grain... so I think its poor writing not intentional.

And if you're stalling vs an opposing wizard, you deserve all you get Wink
grant85

Post   Posted: May 19, 2021 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
Atrocious rule writing... the whole intent of BB2020 (although poorly executed) is to make the game more "fun" via the (poor) anti stalling sentiments and removing some of the violence by the MB and Claw nerfs...

This RAW interpretation goes against that grain... so I think its poor writing not intentional.

And if you're stalling vs an opposing wizard, you deserve all you get Wink

I agree rules in bb20 are very poorly written. Especially so for tourney and 'serious' players. But your reaction about it being not intentional is exactly what we all said about multiple RR use in a turn. Then GW doubled down and we have a massive change that we all thought was just poorly written. hard to know...
tussock

Post   Posted: May 19, 2021 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Gotta be "at the start of any of the opposition's team turns" does not mean "during their team turn".

The turnover rule is "If a player on the active team is knocked down during their team turn".

That's nuts with fireball, it's almost automatically two turns in a now. Which is a thing used to be on one of the 400k cards in LRB6, so not impossible to be in the game, just not for 150k where it also wrecks cages between the turns.

Which: I think you can read p42 to imply that there's a thing called "at the start of your team turn", where you're moving your turn counter, and a different thing called "during your team turn", where you're declaring actions and activating players.

And fireball going off "before you activate any players", means it's going off before you get to "during your team turn".

And the turnovers only happen "during your team turn". Yeah, that works. Problem solved.