61 coaches online • Server time: 12:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a simple question after reading Christer's post (the 6th of august one):

What happens to ongoing Leagues? I currently admin of a tournament in a closed group in the L division. Is the bb2016 going to keep working for a while or we will be forced to stop ongoing tournaments and start new ones from scratch with the bb2020 ruleset?

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

If I am not mistaken, the new client will also support the BB2016 ruleset.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2021 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

My understanding is if you want your League to go to 2020 rules you will need to build a new ruleset and migrate everything over.

If you keep your current ruleset then you should be ok to stay 2016.

Client testing is happening from now to try and identify if there are any issues with 2016 rules on the new version of the client containing 2020 and 2016 rulesets. Hopefully nothing 'game-breaking' comes up.

Similarly hopefully no site side changes will impact how 2016 currently works if that is your preference
koadah

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2021 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I have a simple question after reading Christer's post (the 6th of august one):

What happens to ongoing Leagues? I currently admin of a tournament in a closed group in the L division. Is the bb2016 going to keep working for a while or we will be forced to stop ongoing tournaments and start new ones from scratch with the bb2020 ruleset?

My understanding is that 2016 will continue running as long as enough people are using it to make it worthwhile.

Post   Posted: Aug 09, 2021 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Will have to run 2016 for a while with old teams, until everything else gets up to speed.

Will have a chance to start new 2020 teams for a league if desired, but rebuys and such have to be written before any of that side of it works.

Jump to: