30 coaches online • Server time: 18:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

So recently, I made a poll on Zons and Norse, questioning their team structure and also how fun they are to face. I suggested a couple of quick reworks, but here is a more thought-out rework with inspiration drawn from existing rosters and the (community made) Norse army.

EDITED after suggestions
0-1 Yhetee 140k [as before]
0-2 Ulfwerenar 110k [as before]
0-2 Berserker 90k 6 3 3+ 5+ 8+ Block, Frenzy, Jump Up GS/A
0-2 Norscan Reaver 85k 7 3 3+ 4+ 8+ Dodge, Dauntless GA/SP
0-2 Norse Dwarf 80k 4 3 4+ 5+ 10+ Block, Arm Bar, Thick Skull GS/A
0-16 Bondsman 45k 6 3 3+ 4+ 8+ Brawler G/AS
Rerolls 60k
Apo Yes

First aim was getting rid of the blanket Block. To counteract getting Brawler, the linemen got a 5k price reduction. The thrower was not only never taken but also not lore-friendly: initially a Valhallan spirit warrior seemed a better idea but after some suggestions I changed it to a Norse Dwarf. The Catcher is weird- again not really lore-friendly, so I took inspiration from the Norscan army in their fast ambushers; Reavers.

Last edited by neuro_ on Dec 27, 2021 - 22:20; edited 1 time in total
Kinks

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, I missed the thread you are referring to. Sorry, I don't get it. Norse are a team I enjoying playing with and against. you seem to refer to 2 dislikes: 1) Blanket Block 2) Non-lore'ness. I don't see an issue with the blanket block, unlike Dorfs, their fragile nature balances it out nicely. From a lore perspective, it's hard to be to critical as BB doesn't really match WH lore, but I think it's worth saying Norse have evolved a lot since their initial release and seems pretty in keeping to me.

Zons, I get it. Interested to see what your suggestion is there.

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Feels like the Einherjar are a bit cheap. 15k less than Wraiths for giving up Block - maybe another 5k?
Garion26

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

When you say Norse Army "book" what do you mean?

There wasn't to the best of my knowledge ever an official norse army book for Warhammer Fantasy. There was a fan made book in 8th ed, and some relevant rules in Warhammer Ancients.

Interestingly on Andy Davo's BB2 stream he recently said there are rumors Norse are in the loop for a rewrite this year.

I think using real world Norse as an inspiration for fictional blood bowl Norse shouldn't be assumed to be the right way to go (hello Yhetee!)
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I know that some people dislike how norse is block spam + AV7 spam ; however I don't think they require a heavy rework like you did there.

Thematically I think it's fine to keep the norse as humans (so a base 6/3/3+/8+) and I don't really understand where the MA5 comes from.
But thematically, again, they should probably have some juggernaut, especially on berserkers and the like, instead of block everywhere. And yes, Brawler on the linemen is a nice idea!
I think it's also important to keep in mind that they are Warhammer Norse, even if they are from an old lore, and not "mythological" norse. So if they are going to be reworked a bit thematically, they won't have real world mythological positionals like the Einheri, but rather some thematic chaos stuff, or maybe northern dwarfs. The reavers are a good idea too, even if I don't really get why they would have dodge and diving tackle.

But the big issue that Norse are facing for a rework is that we now have an official khorne team, which also has a lot of Frenzy and some juggernaut, with rather low AV. Of course they still differ in several ways (like mutations), but they'll still need their own shtick so they feel like a consistent team. If you want to add high AV players, maybe it would be better to give them dwarf blockers like the one from the Old World Alliance instead of the Einheri (they have brawler instead of block)?
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 21:56 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Feels like the Einherjar are a bit cheap. 15k less than Wraiths for giving up Block - maybe another 5k?

Oh my bad! I forgot the Wraiths were 95k- stuck on the old Wights at 90. Yeah i meant for them to be 10k less (SF rather than Block).
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
When you say Norse Army "book" what do you mean?

I used the community 9th Age rules Wink

Garion26 wrote:
Interestingly on Andy Davo's BB2 stream he recently said there are rumors Norse are in the loop for a rewrite this year.

Oooo that is interesting. Let's see what GW comes up with... I do like new Khorne thematically speaking!
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Alien_the_Alien wrote:

Thematically I think it's fine to keep the norse as humans (so a base 6/3/3+/8+) and I don't really understand where the MA5 comes from.
I think it's also important to keep in mind that they are Warhammer Norse, even if they are from an old lore, and not "mythological" norse. So if they are going to be reworked a bit thematically, they won't have real world mythological positionals like the Einheri, but rather some thematic chaos stuff, or maybe northern dwarfs. The reavers are a good idea too, even if I don't really get why they would have dodge and diving tackle.

That was to make up for losing Block without hiking price- alternatively they could just be 10k cheaper and still 6/3/3+/4+8+? As a bash team they'd rather have AV9+ than MV6 linos.

Alien_the_Alien wrote:

Maybe it would be better to give them dwarf blockers like the one from the Old World Alliance instead of the Einheri (they have brawler instead of block)?

Oohh I like that idea. TBH the Einherjar were the last positional I thought of- i considered Shieldbrother, Huskarl etc but a sort of Norse Dwarf might actually be a better idea. I'll do that!
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:

Zons, I get it. Interested to see what your suggestion is there.

I'll have a crack asap- I know less lore and so on about them though! suggestions welcome Smile
 Jump to: