43 coaches online • Server time: 15:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fu

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,
I would like to build a team around 850 - 900k (without apo) still competitive but allowing me to use inducements like a Chainsaw, a wizard, a Star Player or a bribe for fouling.

The idea is to have an inducement for a bit flexibility to adapt better to the matchups, keep my opponents clueless about my full roster, and condition their playstyle, but still have a competitive lineup.

Right now my idea is to play Undead:
2xMummy
4xGhoul
5xZombie
3xRR
That's 930k, but when my opponents will buy an apo they will be around 1050k, so I will have like 120k + my cash for inducements.

What do you think about the roster? I miss a wight for piling on or guard but it's a bit expensive.

Do you have this such of low tv competitive rosters with other teams? I thought about amazons but they are a bit boring to my taste.

Kind regards
Prez

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say you need at least one player with Block, so you could swop 4 ghouls (280) for

Wight
2 Ghouls
Zombie

The above is 270, so would bring your TV down by one to 920

But I think cheapest Chainsaw for undead is 130, so you will have to hope you play a rookie team with a game or two under their belts, so you can get that inducement level you need

Another option would to Run with 3 ghouls and 6 Zombies that would be 900Tv

It could work beautifully, depending on what race you encounter first few games. If you get Dwarves, you'll be in for a horrid time and if its Snots...well you are really F**** Very Happy

Last edited by Prez on Jul 13, 2021 - 14:50; edited 1 time in total
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You can do what you like, but if you're playing Black Box, the scheduler will match you with similar TV teams for the first 15 games (think snots and ogres mostly) and if you're playing ranked, you might be able to pick games and play up, but without Wights, that team looks awfully brittle and slow.

But nobody will and certainly not me, will tell you how to enjoy your BB.
fu

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
You can do what you like, but if you're playing Black Box, the scheduler will match you with similar TV teams for the first 15 games (think snots and ogres mostly) and if you're playing ranked, you might be able to pick games and play up, but without Wights, that team looks awfully brittle and slow.

But nobody will and certainly not me, will tell you how to enjoy your BB.

It's for a league with friends, so I'm not worried about matchmaking. Regarding to speed, I use to play Orcs, so having 4 M7 + dodge guys looks nice to me. It scares me a bit the armor 7 of the Ghouls, but if I get a wight as @Prez suggests, then I would have only 2 M7 + 1 M6 guys, so I would have to change at least a couple zombies for skeletons.
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

at beginning levels, four dodges is fun.

The trouble will be on your blocking. Without any block, even a 2 dice block will have 1/9 of causing a turnover. I'm just not sure if there are any inducements worth the loss of the wights.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

You could have all positionals, and maybe a reserve. But just one reroll.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:

Giving up a RR may be interesting, I can have:
2 Mummy
2 Wight
2-3 Ghoul
5-4 zombi/skeleton
2 RR
All for 900K - 930K
amazingprizzini

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

really, really really risky with no sure hands and only two blocks. Dodge is great, and the inducements can be fun, but you might have some very short turns.
fu

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2021 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

amazingprizzini wrote:
really, really really risky with no sure hands and only two blocks. Dodge is great, and the inducements can be fun, but you might have some very short turns.

Agreed, I may have to choose sure hands as my first level up
fu

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2021 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking about more teams:

Humans:
Ogre
3 Blitzers
1 Catcher
1 Thrower
5 lineman
2 RR
1 Apo
Total 940k, I may even get rid off the Catcher and drop to 920k. Occasional access to Mighty Zug

Norse:
Yhetee
1 Ulfwerener
1 Runner
8 lineman
2 RR
Apo
Total 910k, I can use Boomer always, who is armor 9

Orcs:
4 blitzer
4 B Orcs
2 Lineman
1 Thrower
2 RR
Total 930k, I would have to skip the apo to stay at that TV, and rely on the armor 9

Skaven
Ogre Rat
1 Blitzer
2 Gutter runner
7 lineman
2 RR
Apo
Total 920k, can play Fez often

You may wonder why so many big guys, I just like to injure things.
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2021 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

fu wrote:
garyt1 wrote:

Giving up a RR may be interesting, I can have:
2 Mummy
2 Wight
2-3 Ghoul
5-4 zombi/skeleton
2 RR
All for 900K - 930K

Definitely this. In a tabletop league you can expect opposing teams to grow in tv, while with the season two rules you can hold onto your spp without spending them to keep your team at the same level. I'd take three ghouls as they're great players, but wights are essential. It's like playing dwarves with no blitzers.
fu

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2021 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

What I dislike about playing 2 RR with Undead (and orcs) is that I hit a lot, and you can spend RR on mummies and black orcs, so you are likely to need more RRs. I don't mind so much with other Big Guys because of loner you won't spend RRs anyways.

I'm thinking also that I may use wizard often with those lists, It would favour fast teams with dodge, as I can bust the cage with fireball, steal the ball and put It safe or run
policeshades

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2021 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

fu wrote:
I'm thinking about more teams:
Skaven
Ogre Rat
1 Blitzer
2 Gutter runner
7 lineman
2 RR
Apo
Total 920k, can play Fez often

I've had a few games of BB2020 tabletop with a similar roster. No apo and instead had 3 gutters and a thrower. This was against teams at 1,100-ish so could afford a Wizard. Worked amazingly but mainly due to the opposing coaches forgetting about the wizard...
bdx76

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2021 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i was thinking norse few reroll and foul.

2 wulf
1 thrower
10 line
1 rr
Apo

Total 900, 13 players + apo

Team evolution:
leader on thrower
Block on wulf
foul on line

buy bribes with inducment
2 reroll with full block team is enough; and no need rr for foul
fu

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2021 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

bdx76 wrote:
i was thinking norse few reroll and foul.

2 wulf
1 thrower
10 line
1 rr
Apo

Total 900, 13 players + apo

Team evolution:
leader on thrower
Block on wulf
foul on line

buy bribes with inducment
2 reroll with full block team is enough; and no need rr for foul

Be aware Norses throwers doesn't start with Sure hands. I can't manage heavy fouling because often implies break your formation, opening gaps.
 Jump to: