48 coaches online • Server time: 16:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2023 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have come back after some time way and discovered that there have been a fair few changes. I think I have got my head around most of it, but I have a few questions:

A) Is Stunty League now dead?
B) Are ranked teams still playable?
C) Is Blackbox now part of Competitive rather than a separate entity (as in any old Black Box teams could be retired and remade for competitive instead)?

I couldn't see any handy posts which explain it all but if anyone has a link, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2023 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty Leeg got rolled into regular league, but there are a few diehards that crop up once in a while.
You CAN play ranked, but almost no one tries, so you probably won't find an opponent. Arranging a match, for instance in discord several days in advance, may work better.
Old box teams can't play in competitive. Competitive includes both a matchmaking scheduler (equivalent to old box) and a gamefinder (equivalent to old ranked).
In theory, old ranked and box teams will one day be converted to competitive. However, this won't happen at least until seasons are implemented for competitive. (I still firmly believe they will convert, and will believe so until Shindahl - my legendary ranked skink - dies.)
JamesLangley

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2023 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty Leeg is pretty much dead. I have converted all of them to 2020 Rules in Ruleset 2875 if you have anyone you want to play a game with. https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=2875
Jamerson

Post   Posted: Jul 20, 2023 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks folks - much appreciated.

I imagine I will gradually retire my old ranked, stunty and blackbox teams and remake them as Competitive teams. No big deal, none of them are stacked full of star players or anything.

Thanks again

I am a fixer. And my services are valued.

Strider84

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2023 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest reading up on Christers blog entries if you have some time to spend.

https://fumbbl.com/p/blog?c=Christer

even though the different answers to your specific questions might be a year or 2 behind, Christer usually only posts significant information that is worth reading anyways.
 Jump to: