71 coaches online • Server time: 21:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2021 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Everything you said to me goes double for you.

I did nothing but respond in kind.

Java wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

I AM a lovely chap and everyone that has ever met me knows that.

Then I am probably missing out. That loveliness doesn't percolate from the constant stream of snide remarks, putdowns and insults.

Do you often offer free psychiatric assessment to people you disagree with?

Quote:

But NO. You did not EVER have to play those High TV teams.

Excuse me, but you are plainly wrong. The scheduler can't be avoided if one wanted to play box. Past 30 matches you are fair game to 1.8-2.5mil teams that were not intended to exist in the ruleset. And a team that got to 1.5-1.8 within a normal run is no match for a fine tuned monster team or min-max team after hundreds of games.

It's also not something the rules ever accounted for.

Quote:

You did not have to play in the Majors or any of the High TV Tournaments.

Oh yeah, if you don't like it here, go away, that old canard. Careful, it can be aimed at you too.

Quote:

And you did not have to be MATCHED with any of those High TV teams because you could have always cut you r team down to a size that the matches in the scheduler would be IMPOSSIBLE.

Tell me you don't know how the scheduler work without telling me you don't know how the scheduler works.

Quote:

And you must be DAFT blablabla

Ok, that was nice of you, no need to continue. There are people who can't disagree with someone without calling them names.

I'm not gonna argue with you about the competitive side of this site since you haven't played here for years. Your opinions, if they ever had value, are grossly outdated. Take care.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2021 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

And you and others would say I am off topic. Rolling Eyes

What everyone else has complained about in all history has nothing to do with what I have said.
You would know that IF you had an actual point.

tussock wrote:
Everyone complained about ageing, and then everyone complained about CPOMB.

There was literally a ban on complaining about CPOMB outside the CPOMB complaints thread, which was thousands of pages of people complaining about CPOMB.

Will people now complain about seasons? Of course they will! Congratulations on being among the great many who will.

--

Now, there is absolutely nothing stopping you building a 2000 TV equivalent team in C division off BB20's 1350 rebuys. Your skills can be half cost, and you can avoid taking them until after rebuy, and you no longer add TV for Fan Factor, and the income rate allows any team to buy a long bench and as many RRs as they want in 15 games.

Income is like 80k per game, that's 1200k income!

So the only thing you're missing is ...

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?id=656972

That crap. A bunch of old linemen slowly accumulating more Guard, Stand Firm, and Mighty Blow. What fun, that is to play. So good, just endless enjoyment, as you can see by the 5 games a year they got to play.

--

Funny how when the average TV of teams in the fumbbl cup final drifted up from 2100 to 2400 after CPOMB and 2+ LB vanished, but seasons never appeared to replace them, way less people actually played in the fumbbl cup, eh.

Despite fumbbl being quite popular at times, with the box trophy and stuff, where everyone played like 15 games with teams. Which is more than the actual average games played by quite a bit.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2021 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Khorne Roster... GW has decided to bring it to Blood Bowl 1 LRB too late.

What else is there to say about it?

Those teams are going to SUCK but the minis are probably going to look COOL and sell lots of minis and GW will be able to meet payroll until the next time they want to "FIX" the game and make certain elements BETTER and make others WORSE.

And then when people discuss the new bad elements to the game other people will pretend as if they have no right to speak about such things and insist all bad changes are great and criticize the enlightened. They will deride and insult the wise BUT cry like babies when they are exposed for behaving as sociopaths with no empathy for others.

And every now and then Coaches will be able to LUCKER their way to Wins with Khorne teams especially against other Coaches that are not very good.

And still NOBODY will take Tackle as a Chosen Skill and claim "Elves are BROKEN" despite not having the skill that breaks them into pieces.

Does anybody REALLY have anything else to say about Khorne?
I seriously doubt it. But I would love to read it too over more derision by numbskulls who are arguing with someone else and not with what I actually said.

Less numbskulls more Double Skulls.

Go Khorne!
Grasshugger17

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2021 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, somebodies a little bit grumpy today.
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2021 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

He needs a timeout on the naughty step...

What we thinking for skill access? GS across the board? Interesting they won't have a thrower positional.

I don't think mutations will be normals but we can hope.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2021 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon it'll be a straight copy of the Nurgle skills: GM on the linemen, GSM on the Beastmen and Warriors, S on the Big Guy.

Overall I really like the look of the team; I enjoy using Frenzy and starting with a blitzing skill on your blitzers feels great for 70k. Big fan of less common skills like Juggernaut as starting skills.

Having linemen with Human speed and AG means you aren't reliant on the Beastmen for carrying (although a frenzy ball carrier is less than ideal!)

Big guy is possibly overcosted, but the beastmen are undercosted so it's all good. I don't think I'd start with him (this definitely feels like a team I'd need 3rr to start with, and they'll be 70k for sure) but Claw+MB means he pretty much hits the ground running if you buy him later.

They're definitely not tier 1 or anything, but they seem solid and probably quite a lot of fun!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2021 - 15:38
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 it was once said of the footballer Dennis Wise that he could start a fight in an empty room. why be that guy?

you are entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else, including their opinion of your opinion.

It would be horrible to have to lock this thread, so why not lets all try to assume that everyone has good intentions, and just disagrees?

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Catalyst32 it was once said of the footballer Dennis Wise that he could start a fight in an empty room. why be that guy?

you are entitled to your opinion, but so is everyone else, including their opinion of your opinion.

It would be horrible to have to lock this thread, so why not lets all try to assume that everyone has good intentions, and just disagrees?

I didn't start this Purple. You know me well enough that I am generally agreeable.
The problem is too many of these guys cannot have a conversation without getting butthurt.
Heaven Forbid that I might respond to their posts that were directly targeted at my post!!!
You might notice that I did not get salty with anyone that responded to me in any reasonable manner.
And you might find post after post in these Forums where I THANK people who have politely explained their position to me that runs counter to what I have said in the past OR AT WORST agreed to disagree.

1 of these guys was not even arguing WITH ME... he was arguing AT ME as if I were everyone else that has ever had ANY complaint on the Forums.
How did I bring that on?
Being that I did not say ANYTHING he attributed to me?
Yet I am being singled out by you?

Come on PurpleChest. Even you.
This is not my fault.
And I let way more go here than I responded to despite the wolfpack of regulars here.
HaruHaru

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mate, the issue is that you're coming off as aggressive with your use of caps lock emphasis.
You've also been oddly defensive about your opinion.
Anyway, let's just drop it and try to discuss things without calling people daft, eh?
mekutata

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you gits feed the Troll? Are you new to the internet?

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 11:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 no it was a message to all, but easier to calm one person, than a mob.

I do know you to be a man that can think and express clearly, and it does seem you are in a funk and need to vent.

And yes, you are coming over as aggressive a times, and derailing a thread about other things with your personal bugbear.

I would suggest a 'Reasoned complaints about BB2020' thread might be an idea and allow you to gather allies.

I promise i would defend your right to that thread and stop any attacks on your opinions there getting personal.

Last edited by PurpleChest on Oct 16, 2021 - 11:45; edited 2 times in total
stej

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

You cant have a troll on the Khorne team. Wouldn't really fit the fluff anyway.

What would be the best way to skill the big guy? Random strength to try and get jugg or save for block?
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

save for block

that sociopath can get to it very quickly if you keep feeding him 3dbs every turn

that will probably impact your initial win rate as you won't fully focus on the ball, but we already said that this team at rookie level will struggle

if the removals come early, it can snowball and gift you the match by sheer force of numbers

won't often go that way, I fear Rolling Eyes
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering that Clawmb has been nerfed it should not often go that way, you should be right.
Jayward

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2021 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Would you start with the Blood Beast? Assuming 70k rerolls you can't get full positionals and 2rr in 1000k even if you leave him out; not sure I'd want to go all-in on a turnover magnet right out of the gate.
 Jump to: