60 coaches online • Server time: 23:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2021 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

So, how 'bout those Daemons?

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2021 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:

I am quite excited about them for resurrection play
5 block on the st4/5 guys is strong, and frenzy makes them more of a threat than CWs.

With careful play could be competitive. Also easy to play badly with them. You can't just jam them in!

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2021 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
No. When someone says or does something, whether it bothers someone else is always on the receivers end. They can identify when it bothers them, regardless of what the intent of the original message or action was.

Whether the original person cares or not about how it was received, is up to them, but how it is received is always determined by the receiver, not the sender.

In this case Catalyst, whether you like it or not, and whether you meant it or not, you said something that was taken as an offensive statement.

I was the 1st Receiver Nelphine. Following your silly logic.
So why don't you go follow that logic to its conclusion?
Where is it for the one who was offensive 1st and continues to offend by comparing me unfavorably to a moronic child?

I am the victim here (if one can be a victim) many times over by multiple posters and he is the assailant in multiple posts while I have been the peacemaker in my most recent post and others.
Yet again here is another (verbal) attack against ME based on offense I have supposedly given that stems from his lack of understanding of the language in both his posts and responses to posts.

Last edited by Catalyst32 on Nov 01, 2021 - 03:53; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2021 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:

I am quite excited about them for resurrection play
5 block on the st4/5 guys is strong, and frenzy makes them more of a threat than CWs.

With careful play could be competitive. Also easy to play badly with them. You can't just jam them in!

True, They will own the sidelines. With so much Frenzy (and potentially with a little GRAB on the players that do not have Frenzy) they could easily SURF opponents from 4 and 5 squares (or further) off the sideline.

Opponents without much SideSteo it StandFirm will be taking tons of risk trying to go around a Khorne Roster along the Sidelines.
That advantage could be played to by a crafty Coach of a Khorne squad that has the patience to allow conditions to present themselves. The Coach must be careful not to Block too often during their turn and be willing to trust in their AV to stay in contact with opponents at times allowing a potential Block to your opponent during his turn.
Although an even craftier Coaching opponent (especially of a Bashy Side) might be able to use this same aspect of the game to their advantage as well. But I suspect this will be harder to do and could just as easily backfire.

Interesting thought you have inspired PeteW.
On its surface, a Khorne team looks like a team built around rushing into combat. But it might be a roster best used by a patient Coach.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2021 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Patience rather than rushing is definitely correct.
I played a few games with the previous Khorne roster in [L], my thoughts here: https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=30528

They're similar to old vampire roster in a way; they're full of potential on paper, but then in practice they're more often self-destructive. So you need to play really carefully

Some coaches like PeteW are good enough to make it work
For most other coaches , I don't know...

Ok, some coaches just take their blocks like gobbling sweets and don't think about position after that.
Some coaches are good enough to think about what the field will look like after all their guys have done blocks, and plan around that

Some coaches are good enough to think about what the field will look like after all their guys have done blocks, and what it will look like after the other team has had their turn, and plan around that. So they're playing a turn ahead

Some coaches can play some number of turns-ahead, and plan for all kinds of eventualities and are IQ-1000 at this game

I struggle with this, I play in a more reactive way rather than a planning way, so I play better on defense than offense

With Khorne, your guys take 2 blocks each. Which makes planning even a single turn much more complex, and playing several turns ahead basically impossible for most people
I think that's why PeteW is keen, he can see that potentially he can do it, he may have the ability to take advantage of the roster and avoid the massive liabilities it has

If you make mistakes, the roster will really punish you
If you try and surf from 4 squares, you can, but it'll likely require dedicating your entire team and then you're badly out of position for the rest of the drive
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2021 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Grab would be nice, but the team lacks so many basic skills that you need instead.
You've got no Block or Dodge, and you'd want both of those on Khorngors first as they will be carrying the ball

The equivalent Bloodletter Daemons on old roster got GAS-access on primary, you'd also want sidestep on a carrier.
They got +AV so maybe won't keep the A-access, then yea Grab would be good

You also need a load of Guard to enable your str3 frenzy linemen actually take their blocks, as it's very easy to get into situations where they can't do anything without risking blockless 1D blocks

Frenzy-spam is a "win-more" skill... If you're outnumbering the opponent it'll help increase the pressure, but it doesn't help if you're losing, it actually makes things harder. Being out-numbered is miserable
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2021 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I just watched an unboxing of the Khorne team on Youtube. There was a shot of the rules that come with the team.

Rerolls are 60k and an Apothecary is allowed.

I did not see what the Favored of Khorne Rule is.

Marauders - Primary Skills G&M Secondary A&S
Khorngors - Primary G,S&M Secondary A&P
Bloodseekers - Primary G,S&M Secondary A
Bloodborn - Primary S&M Secondary A&G
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, so this page is now complete https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20KhorneSetUp

No agility access for the Khorngors so it's not so simple making your ball carriers. They're more like blitzers, just need tackle.

I think the 'warrior' role having ST4 rather than ST3 in the previous roster is going to be more significant than I'd realised, and means you're not struggling as much to reliably get the 2dice blocks which was a big weakness

Is there a possible build around 5 guys with tentacles + stand firm...?

Initial roster could be this:
6 x Bloodborn Marauder Linemen
2 x Khorngors
2 x Bloodseekers
1 x Bloodspawn
3 x Re-rolls

Total 1000k

No additional dedicated fans, but otherwise seems ok. If you have better suggestions please edit that page

Christer indicated they might go live on fumbbl this weekend, watch out for a khorne-frenzy
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

4 Bloodseekers - 440
4 Khorngors - 280
3 Marauders - 150
2 rerolls - 120
===
Total - 990k

Bloodspawn when you can afford it. Khorngors to mitigate the Frenzy a bit. Could save for a secondary skill and take Dodge to make a Khorngor a good carrier. 3rd reroll when you can afford it.
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

2 RRs are not enough IMHO.

Once on the pitch, you're piloting a bunch of FRRRRRRRRRRRENZY guys with ZERO blocking skills. No Block, no wrestle, no brawler, no pro, no.... nothing, nada, niente.
Hell on earth.

Rerolls will be your friends.
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:

Once on the pitch, you're piloting a bunch of FRRRRRRRRRRRENZY guys with ZERO blocking skills. No Block, no wrestle, no brawler, no pro, no.... nothing, nada, niente.
Hell on earth.

I am not doubting you on that point. Season 1 without any block is going to be a real struggle.

Perhaps drop down to three warriors to pick up the third reroll. That way you have the rerolls and 4 non-frenzied players. However that is sacrificing a lot of strength.
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzZcYGsCi4
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Azur wrote:

I am with Kondor if I ever play this team it will be 4/4/3 on the players.

4 Bloodseekers - 440
4 Khorngors - 280
3 Marauders - 150
2 rerolls - 120
Total - 990k

Sure first few games may be a bit rough without Block but you can get through it.

Lyracian.
PeteW

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Just got my Spike. Missing info is:
Linemen GM/AS
Khorngors GMS/AP
Bloodseekers GMS/A
Bloodspawn MS/AG
Tier 2
RR: 60k
Apo: Yes
Stars: Akhorne, Glart, G&C, Grasnak, Hakflem, Helmut, Lord Borak, Max, Morg and Scyla

The Favoured of Khorne doesn't have any normal effect, unless you are using the Cursed Kull Goblet special league rules. (Too much to be bothered to type)

Pitch rules: After you declare a block or blitz, gain +1 strength on a 5+ roll for this action. If there are 3+ total cas at half time, then flip the board to bloodslick side, which turns pushback into pows on a roll of a 1

Cursed ball: gives player holding it Frenzy

Skull ball: If you want to block or blitz the ball carrier, roll a d6. On a 1, you can't, but you can change your action to move etc.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

And Christer has already implemented the skill categories to the site - impressive!