34 coaches online • Server time: 16:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2021 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

This is completely hypothetical, in case a Plague Ridden star becomes available to "favoured of..." teams in the future. Which is currently not the case.

The new "Plague Ridden" rule states

Quote:
If your team has the 'Favoured of Nurgle' special rule, a new 'Rotter Lineman' player, drawn from the Nurgle roster, can be placed immediately in the Reserves box of your team's dugout (this may cause a team to have more than 16 players for the remainder of this game). During step 4 of the post-game sequence, this player may be permanently hired, Exactly as you would a Journeyman player that had played for your team (see page 72).

this means that Chaos Dwarf, Chosen and Renegades that have the Favoured of Nurgle choice should be able to raise Rotters in game if they're killed by a Plague Ridden star, and subsequently hire them after the match. I don't think that's in doubt but objections are welcome.

What came up in discussions is the following question.

Would you be allowed to keep that rotter on (for the appropriate cost) during redrafts?
cromag

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2021 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Not ambiguous at all.

Mechanically if you ignore flavour every team with "Favoured of..." should choose nurgle as you have access to an additional star player and none of the other gods have mechanical advantages at this stage.

Post   Posted: Sep 20, 2021 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You're right.

The rulebook states that you buy new players from the Roster, but you can rehire any players that are in your Draft Sheet, or whatever it's called.

Nothing states you can't hire a player that didn't come from the Roster and sneaked its way into the draft list in some other way.

Which means that players recruited mid seasons through various means should be allowed to be redrafted.

It could also potentially open up the door to the XFL prizes' continued existence.

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2021 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love for a Chaos dwarf team with rotters instead of hobs. I think it would be garbage but I'd like to see it nonetheless.

I could see an (In)Famous coach in the future giving a team "Masters of undeath" or similar for a game, I think that would spice up people's lists a bit. A wood elf team with a Zombie would be gold.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2021 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Masters of Undeath could even be a prize for a tournament. Win the Sylvanian Spotlight, permanently get a necromancer within your coaching staff!

Resurrecting (heheh) this thread because I need help from the Nurgle coaches. Or even Nurgle speccers.

Has any of you recently resurrected a rotter? Was that rotter hired?

Many thanks.

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2021 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
Masters of Undeath could even be a prize for a tournament. Win the Sylvanian Spotlight, permanently get a necromancer within your coaching staff!

At some point bb20 should stop stealing ideas from XXXL.