48 coaches online • Server time: 11:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2021 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

0 pass per match is a common scenario for a lot of non elves..

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2021 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
0 pass per match is a common scenario for a lot of non elves..
especially if you don't count SPP farming at the end of halves. One of my undead teams in the 2016 rules has 25 games, and only 6 completed passes. I have a chaos renegade team with 77 matches, an AG4 player in 2016 rules and around 20 completed passes. I imagine that ratio would be worse with the new rules.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2021 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Weakening passes hurts new players the most when it comes to ag3 teams as they are more likely to risk it. But there is even less chance of that lone receiver actually catching a pass now..

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
Weakening passes hurts new players the most when it comes to ag3 teams as they are more likely to risk it. But there is even less chance of that lone receiver actually catching a pass now..

New coaches and coaches who are just crap. Mr. Green

My orcs (2016) completed 3 passes last night. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:

MattDakka wrote:
Passing is an action happening 1-2 times per game and Pass is not that useful because you can use a rr for that.

"1-2 times per game"? I'd say it depends on what teams are at play. I have seen it happen more often than that (per half even!).

I can't think of a scenario in which your gameplan involves throwing more than a single pass per half.

I like passing and I like throwers but Matt is (gritted teeth) right - throwing the ball all over the pitch isn't the way the game should be played, if you, like you say, are playing to win.
maznaz

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

There are lots of different skill levels that the game is played at. Some people mostly play table, or the fancy graphic online one, and frankly it's usually difficult to get the volume of games required to start being efficient about tactics.

Anyone who claims they regularly make a lot of passes per game isn't playing at the point end, basically.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

CrookfangRob wrote:
I can't think of a scenario in which your gameplan involves throwing more than a single pass per half.

From the top of my head:

1) Throw a pass to score (this can include a number of scenarios, such as being low on turns or having a difficult situation on the pitch, etc.).

2) Steal the ball and either pass to secure it or to score. Ideally you will be passing to score, because securing rarely requires passing the ball.

CrookfangRob wrote:
I like passing and I like throwers but Matt is (gritted teeth) right - throwing the ball all over the pitch isn't the way the game should be played, if you, like you say, are playing to win.

I agree if you mean most of the out-of-the-box teams and that you shouldn't be passing willy-nilly.

However, some teams can develop good passing game with very little effort or are good at passing from get-go. These teams have the option to pass should the opportunity present itself.

And with good passing teams there are advantages when it comes to scoring as many touchdowns as possible (again, depending on the situation on the pitch and the teams involved).
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2021 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Bellenrode wrote:
CrookfangRob wrote:

I agree if you mean most of the out-of-the-box teams and that you shouldn't be passing willy-nilly.

However, some teams can develop good passing game with very little effort or are good at passing from get-go. These teams have the option to pass should the opportunity present itself.

And with good passing teams there are advantages when it comes to scoring as many touchdowns as possible (again, depending on the situation on the pitch and the teams involved).

Yeah, but on Fumbbl, generally speaking, people are not going to be doing that. If only because they won't get the opportunity.

Building a team to win is one thing. Building it so that you can run up the score when the game is already in the bag is another.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2021 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Building a team to win is one thing. Building it so that you can run up the score when the game is already in the bag is another.

You don't build a team to "run up the score when the game is already in the bag". You develop a passing option and that doesn't have to involve the entire team. If you get the opportunity to score multiple times in a half via passing, that's a bonus.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2021 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Skaven Throwers are the only good thrower. Quick to skill, ways to maximize odds for skills and wide selection of skills - you can have a very good player very quickly with the will to do it and not taking away from the Gutter Runners and SV to do it. The opposite of the Rat Ogre basically.
 Jump to: