37 coaches online • Server time: 16:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
argos_72

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Where this was already discussed in this post
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=29347&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

i still have some question on the Coach Ranking calculation after one match so sorry if i create a new specific post.

I think the formula of the new ranking is explained here
https://fumbbl.com/help:Ranking

what I do not fully understand is how to calculate dT (so who is S1 and S2) , r and K.

Example you are Coach 1 and want to calculate your win probability (let's consider it is a mirror match in Competitive)
Coach 1: CR 165, TV = 1000
Coach 2: CR 155, TV = 1050
dR = 155-165 = -10
dT = 100 * [s1/min(s1,s2) - s2/min(s1,s2)]
= 100 * [1000/1000 - 1050/1000] = 100*[1- 1.05] = 100 * (-0.05) = -5
so P = 1/(1 + 10 exp (-10/40 -5/70)
= 1/1,477 = 67%

So the weight of the CR is much more important that a 50k tV gap (after inducements): is my understanding correct?

Finally I would be curious to understand better these factors of the formula

1)
r:
racial modifier: there is a link but not clear.
I presume this means that if you play CD vs Amazons you has more probability to win...?

2)
K division specific
How will work that Competitive and Box that will be merged together?

thanks for clarification!!
Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 12:47
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

First off, the help page is slightly out of date. The roster factor (r) has been removed as it proved to be detrimental the way it was implemented.

K is for the most part set to 2, except there is a K inflation that happens when there is an underdog victory between two coaches in different ranking brackets. If an "Experienced" coach wins a game against a "Legend", K is higher than normal and the CR transfer will be greater. This essentially makes it less CR profitable to "cherry pick" weaker coaches, because it affects the risk/reward and makes you need more wins per loss to maintain the same CR.

I have not fully decided how to deal with the separation of rankings when the new blackbox system opens up in the C division, and am not yet ready to announce anything about this.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2021 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot Christer for the super-fast answer!
 Jump to: