74 coaches online • Server time: 21:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
LL94

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

During a blitz event (when kicking), I made a go for it, He was failed and my player fell down without Reroll proposal.
Is it normal ?
Obvously, I had RR available.

thanks for opinion
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!
You can't use rrs during Blitz! event. It's written in the client log when the Blitz! event is announced.
So, yes, it's normal.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

LL94 wrote:
Hi,

During a blitz event (when kicking), I made a go for it, He was failed and my player fell down without Reroll proposal.
Is it normal ?
Obvously, I had RR available.

thanks for opinion

You can only use team rerolls during your turns. The Blitz! event is not a turn of yours, so you can't use rerolls.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Also there are a number of skills that 'switch off' during the blitz event, like Dodge and Sure feet, and a number of skills that don't. like Break Tackle and Pro.
Bram

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Kransky wrote:
Also there are a number of skills that 'switch off' during the blitz event, like Dodge and Sure feet, and a number of skills that don't. like Break Tackle and Pro.

Why is that? Why do some skills "switch off" while others don't?
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Because that's the way the rules were written? Some skills activate intrinsically (like Loner) and some on team turns (like Dodge). The Errata spells things out a bit more clearly: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/3S3PZe9L4TKG5hCE.pdf
MercutioT

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It's unclear to me why I was forced to perform a 2-die block instead of a sawing when Blitzing with my chainsaw during a Blitz event.

Nothing in the wording of the skill mentions team turns.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

'There is no limit to how many players with this Trait may perform this special action each team turn.' 'This player can only use the chainsaw once per turn'
MercutioT

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
'There is no limit to how many players with this Trait may perform this special action each team turn.' 'This player can only use the chainsaw once per turn'

Yes, but neither of those sentences disallow its use during a KO event, those are just clarifications on how the skill interacts with things like Multiblock, or if you have multiple chainsaws.
The skill can be used during a blitz. A Blitz! event allows you to perform a blitz.
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I think what Nelphine was pointing out was the specific wording "each team turn". Blitz! kickoff event is not a team turn.
mister__joshua

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2021 - 23:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For all their work trying to make the rules simpler and more user friendly, they really made this area needlessly complicated for no reason. Especially for tabletop players who have to remember the rules. I doubt any are doing it correctly. In our TT league we have to check the rulebook every Blitz!

Mr. J's LRB7 / Forum
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2021 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MercutioT wrote:
Nelphine wrote:

Yes, but neither of those sentences disallow its use during a KO event, those are just clarifications on how the skill interacts with things like Multiblock, or if you have multiple chainsaws.
The skill can be used during a blitz. A Blitz! event allows you to perform a blitz.

Given the other instances in the FAQ where it is explicitly said that the Blitz kick-off event (and it no longer has the '!') is not a team turn, and the rule says it can be used once per turn... it appears the chainsaw ability can't be used during at Blitz kick-off event.

That said, GW is accepting further questions and requests for rule clarification at bloodbowlfaq@gwplc.com. I suspect that'd be the best place to ask. (I mean, the last FAQ I saw left five blank pages for additional Q&A.... gotta fill'em up, right?)
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2021 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

For once I am glad that I mostly play on Fumbbl. I don't have to remember all these things. They happen automatically. Also don't have to negotiate with my opponent about weather something is allowed or turn to a rules lawyer.
 Jump to: