22 coaches online • Server time: 01:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Steve

Post 22 Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So I just finished my 15'th game with a team in Competative and being the first team I take to 15 games with the 2020 rules I thougt I would need to make a Re-draft. I hit the "Ready to play" button after the game and nothing happend. Is this not in place yet?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello! Currently the Season Redraft is not enabled yet.
It will be enabled in the future.
As an aside, the Redraft budget will be calculated as follows:

Re-drafting budget of 1,000k + 10k per game + 10k per win + 5k per tie + team treasury;
- Re-drafting hard cap of 1,350k.
Steve

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply! I guess I have to cut some players then befor I get to bloated.

Cheers!
//Steve

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2021 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You're welcome! Well, you don't have to cut them now, I suggest to wait for the Season Redraft.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jan 07, 2022 - 13:04; edited 1 time in total
Prinz11

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2022 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks both, just had teh same Q... Any cues when the system roughly will be applied?
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been playing my teams to 15 games and waiting... hope it comes along soon!
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 02:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I was a bit surprised to see these teams with 70+ games with absolute mutant players. This explains it. I'll be trying to just play to 15 and wait... and duck teams taking advantage of the lack of redraft
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 03:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I stop at 15, too. But to be honest - at the moment I don't really see the point in re-drafting players; I'd just start over. Am I missing anything? Given that there's no doubles, and random players that develop differently - it just seems a little pointless keeping any.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

JimmyBlitz wrote:
I was a bit surprised to see these teams with 70+ games with absolute mutant players. This explains it. I'll be trying to just play to 15 and wait... and duck teams taking advantage of the lack of redraft

To some people, building a big team was (at least) half the fun of the big open divisions.

If you have to stop at 15 games, I can't really see the point of playing at all.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a bit in the same boat as Koadah.
The new system will kill the "famous" teams.
I personnaly, fear the day when my "little" Bones'Galore will poof and bite the dust once for all.

BB has always evolved with legendary teams in its universe, with players decked with skills and tons of games under their belts.
With the 2020 rules, that's totaly impossible.

In the Fumbbl environment, there were teams that were stapples in the big tournaments. You had to spectate such games !
Now, who will want to watch 15 games' old teams... With players with 2 - 3 skills. Or ultra optimized ones with 1 or 2 stars doing the ball handling and Loners filling the ranks...

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 10:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Prinz11 wrote:
Thanks both, just had teh same Q... Any cues when the system roughly will be applied?

"When it's ready". Christer's working on it but he won't burden himself with pressure by committing to a date
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
I don't really see the point in re-drafting players; I'd just start over. Am I missing anything? Given that there's no doubles, and random players that develop differently - it just seems a little pointless keeping any.

You don't have to delete the team and make a new one, if that's what you mean. You can keep the team name, and keep 1350k for each redraft, which means you can buy all the stuff you want plus keep a few of your best players from previous season

Regarding player development, that's a separate topic.
I actually think in some ways it's more interesting though now. 66 SPP is enough for 2x chosen primary skills and 2x +Stats. You can make a lot of fearsome players with that, potentially within a single season

koadah wrote:
To some people, building a big team was (at least) half the fun of the big open divisions.
If you have to stop at 15 games, I can't really see the point of playing at all.

False premise - No one has to stop at 15 games
You restart at 1350 so could easily climb to 1700, 1800+ TV by the end of each season
Most coaches have never gone above this TV, so really the max-TV will not change for their teams. They are just now spared getting dominated by a 2500k overdog, which is a healthy thing for the game.
Coaches who are upset about that, are they actually upset about no longer being able to be that overdog?

ThierryM wrote:
BB has always evolved with legendary teams in its universe, with players decked with skills and tons of games under their belts.
With the 2020 rules, that's totaly impossible.

Don't forget in the last era of Fumbbl, there should have been Seasons but we never got them, so teams should never have grown to the monster sizes.
Do you really find it fun to play against 3000k ClawMB Chaos who have 7 guys with +STR?
The only answer to that team is to also spend hundreds or thousands of games farming up a similar team. Which meant for most coaches, tournaments were totally impossible

ThierryM wrote:
Now, who will want to watch 15 games' old teams... With players with 2 - 3 skills. Or ultra optimized ones with 1 or 2 stars doing the ball handling and Loners filling the ranks...

False premise again.
We don't know yet but I'd imagine that teams would be joining tournies at the end of their season, so after games 30, 45, 60 etc so they're big as possible, around 1800k, rather than after 15 games

Also why would they be full of Loners? 2020 is a gold-rich environment

All this complaining about high TV, yet so few people actually play at high TV.
Even MattDakka when he was complaining, has most of his [B] teams in the 1400-1600k TV range, with the biggest at 2060k

koadah your biggest [R] team is 1660k and [B] team is 1970k, they last played in 2012
ThierryM your biggest [R] team is 1820k and [B] team is 1930k

I suspect it'll be possible to get to those sizes with 15-game seasons.
Redraft will not affect the max team size for the majority of teams or majority of coaches. It puts a bump in the road, to constrain monster teams. IMO that's a good thing
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
koadah wrote:

False premise.
No one has to stop at 15 games
You restart at 1350 so could easily climb to 1700, 1800+ TV by the end of each season
Most coaches have never gone above this TV, so really nothing will change for their teams. They are just now spared getting dominated by a 2500k overdog, which is a healthy thing for the game.
Coaches who are upset about that, are they actually upset about no longer being able to be that overdog?

I don't think I have ever had a 2500k team. Not in 16 years.

A 1800 limit is fair enough, though I'd prefer a bit higher.
I don't have time for being cut back to 1350 every 15 games though.

Please spare me that crap about wanting to be the overdog.

Sp00keh wrote:

koadah your biggest [R] team is 1660k and [b ] team is 1970k, they last played in 2012
ThierryM your biggest [R] team is 1820k and [B ] team is 1930k

I suspect it'll be possible to get to those sizes with 15-game seasons.
Redraft will not affect the max team size for the majority of teams or majority of coaches. It puts a bump in the road, to constrain monster teams. IMO that's a good thing

I transferred some of my favourite teams to the [L]eague division when I had the chance. I deleted some of the others when it appeared that that option would not come again.

But no. None of my teams were mega, monster, killers that people were frightened of.

One of my human teams dropped from 1720 to 1190 in two games. At least their demise is a talking point.

"What happened to your team?"
"Oh, seasons".

Doesn't make much of a tale.

Admittedly, I haven't played many games in the "Competitive" divisions in recent years. But now there is no incentive to play any, and I cannot even get my teams out.

Edit: The new Competitive Division rules kill off a whole dimension of the game when all they needed to do was trim a few monsters.

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2022 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
The new Competitive Division rules kill off a whole dimension of the game when all they needed to do was trim a few monsters.

Agreed, this is the truth of it.
The redraft cap and season length are both adjustable by league runners, but it is a harsh way to tackle the problem.

It attacks the aspiration of building, which leaves a bad taste (as discussed in most of the posts here)
even if the actual impact may not be that bad (as discussed in my post)
 Jump to: