39 coaches online • Server time: 13:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So I played vs monsterMorg in 4 of my last 6 tournament games and obviously lost all 4. A big part of that is of course that I played bad, so I won't whine about bad luck/good luck here.

But most of of all, games are super boring and all the opponent needs to to is to block/blitz with monsterMorg each turn until theres no one left on the other side.

But I guess ruling him out in tournaments is not an option. And I guess I could just quit playing tournaments which feels like a valid option at this point, the game is supposed to be fun, but games vs monsterMorg is not.

But if I would like to continue this self-torture, is there anyone that has found some sort of anti-morg strategy at this low TV? I'm all ears!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 12:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I played vs Morg and won:
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4336389
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 12:50 Reply with quote Back to top

The new meta is going to be a challenge for Fumbbl tournaments. It's basically like those days when people could min-max to have CPOMB vs. rookie teams. There were strategies vs. CPOMB but they required a developed team to pull them off.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Yeah playing only dorfs/chorfs in tournaments and praying that Morg has a bad day at work seems to be the best strategy I can come up with
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

So to sum up, bring lots of Block and AV9, deny 3dice as much as possible, and hope for a first half where he only gets 3 knockdowns and no armour break.
Thoriin

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I was on the other side of Sideshowbob's game.
Actually, in RRR , the stunty + Morg + bribes combo is an issue.
I've played no brain, only thing was to keep Morg being tagged by a zombie, and UW trashed Undead team. He played 117 turns, an average of 7.3 players on the pitch per turn while i started each half with 13 guys on the pitcH.
That was the same earlier with gobos + morg vs Java

and that's the same with snots
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4341078.

Imo, that's not bloodbowl
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess Matt was happy with his CR gain. Wink

Sneak hiring could wear pretty thin fairly quickly for a lot of people though.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
MattDakka wrote:

So to sum up, bring lots of Block and AV9, deny 3dice as much as possible, and hope for a first half where he only gets 3 knockdowns and no armour break.

Or maybe amazon and try to put one blitzer in his face at all times.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:

Yes. Using fodder linos to keep Morg busy and away from the ball carrier is useful too.
Even an AV 7 fodder lino can work. If a TV 40-50 Lino keeps busy Morg for 1-2 turns it's already a tactical win. Almost every team has fodder linos.
Elves instead can just dodge away from Morg.
And yes, Nuffle helps to deal with Morg! Very Happy

Maybe it's just perception, but 340 TV seems too cheap for Morg (and funnily, 430 is the old price with the same digits but in different positions).
Imagine if it were a typo! Razz
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

Maybe it's just perception, but 340 TV seems too cheap for Morg (and funnily, 430 is the old price with the same digits but in different positions).
Imagine if it were a typo! Razz

Very cheap indeed. I would probably try to hire a rookie skeleton for 340K if it came with MB+2
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Yeah but if you enter a RRR with 600k TV Snotlings or some such, you're gonna get him with Petty Cash every match, unless your opponent is doing the same thing. Which I guess we'll be seeing a lot of...
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Verminardo wrote:
koadah wrote:

Yeah but if you enter a RRR with 600k TV Snotlings or some such, you're gonna get him with Petty Cash every match, unless your opponent is doing the same thing. Which I guess we'll be seeing a lot of...

Yes this is what's happening at the moment. For me, I can watch my team become disintegrated and throw in a new team for the next RRR. But I suppose if this happens to newer coaches who wants to try out a tournament on Fumbbl, chances are they never will come back.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

SideshowBob wrote:
So I played vs monsterMorg in 4 of my last 6 tournament games and obviously lost all 4. A big part of that is of course that I played bad, so I won't whine about bad luck/good luck here.

But most of of all, games are super boring and all the opponent needs to to is to block/blitz with monsterMorg each turn until theres no one left on the other side.

But I guess ruling him out in tournaments is not an option. And I guess I could just quit playing tournaments which feels like a valid option at this point, the game is supposed to be fun, but games vs monsterMorg is not.

But if I would like to continue this self-torture, is there anyone that has found some sort of anti-morg strategy at this low TV? I'm all ears!

I completely agree with you

A possible (extreme) strategy is the following: if you know you are going to play against a heavily underdog team, you wil sell (or did not purchase) rerolls, will sell (or do not purchase) players until you guarantee a TV gap so that your opponent cannot buy M'g'T.
Unfortunately this strategy does not work well
for several reasons

1) because your underdog opponent has the right to keep the team from "P" to "R" after you: so he understands your trick game and he too could throw away players just to be able to buy M'G'T (WHICH IS CHEAP for what he does!)

2) you end up with a devastated team: I make an example if you have orcs and you decide to fire all the BunBs and all linemen and keep only 4 blitzers and all the Loner lines with 1 reroll maybe you can play well against UW with MgT but then?

3) you cannot make any mistake without reroll impossible to play

A second strategy is
in case you are slow team you sacrifice one low cost player (a line usually) and stick him to M'g'T every turn. If you play orcs with MA10+ maybe you can last three turns without him going KO. But if you have a classic team at AV9+ every two turns you risk to throw it away.

Third: you try to make at least one block to MgT 1 dices and then foul: very risky: to do this you need to concentrate the whole team close to MgT and then if does not work the foul you will be in serious trouble after (so if you dont have DP and usually you don't at low TV is not recommended)

The fourth , much more brutal strategy is to not play tournaments where this aberration is permitted without anu TV cap gap limit.

Honestly I find it quite ridiculous not to have a TV gap "cap". There are Stunty teams like Snotlings that have to play with TV gap otherwise it is useless to play. Malmir teaches. But they are Tier3!

But UW are Tier2 and playing UW with a gutter, blitzer, MgT and a bunch of goblins and swarming snotlings is pretty OP at low TV.

If I play Rumble or Minor it's because I like playing low TV where everyone starts with a low TV and we're all at the same level. Having in a low TV match opne Super SP with 6 skills double MB and ST6 AG3+ which cost ONLY 340k is VERY cheap and is OP! Yes. So next time i will play tourement where this is allowed I will simply use to play UW at TV 500
Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

We could rename UW "Underdog Denizens". Razz
CrookfangRob

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2021 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I just played v new Morg and was fairly successful by stopping him doing what he wanted. I.e. if I knew the other coach would blitz with him, I'd tag him. If I thought he'd want to go for an important player I'd only give him linos to hit.

But if Morg had rolled hot early in the game I think even that wouldn't have worked.

It feels a bit broken to me, especially with the price reduction.
 Jump to: