24 coaches online • Server time: 02:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have started to play Ogres recently and I want some advice from the expert Ogre coaches. My main question is about who should be the ball carrier? I seem to have a problem scoring with my snotlings and I'm considering to try to develop an Ogre to be a ball carrier/scorer. Is this experience shared by other coaches or is it just because I suck at protecting my ball carrier from blitzes? Is it a valid strategy to develop an Ogre as a ball carrier or should I continue to try to improve at protecting a Snotling carrier?

I must also whine a little about the CR effects when playing a tier 3 team. A draw against a tier 1 team feels like victory to me and then it's disappointing to loose CR even if the opponent is a little lower rated.

Lastly I want to send a big thanks to DrClaes for running the Throne of Blood.
It gives a whole new dimension to the satisfaction felt when an opponent player is killed 😀
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No idea myself, but you can find the top coaches via this link, review their teams and even replays.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=2&r=4971
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems like a mix of Snotling and Ogre scorers with some more on the Snotling side but the top Ogre team scorer is an Ogre.
Some top coaches use very nice blodge Snotlings for scorers. I'm just afraid that if I was given one of those for free I would get it killed or crippled in the first game.
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

CR is the mind killer

carry with ogres against dash, carry with snots against bash

be ready to overturn that rule if needed Wink
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking something along that line. I don't think I ever will be competent enough to stop elves from blitzing my ball carrier but maybe the slow unagile guys. Has anyone had a ST 3 Snotling? Would be great with blodge to keep the ball safe and TV effect doesn't count.
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

that's 130k TV in bb16 and 200k TV in bb20

not sure if worth it

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

But isn't it free with low cost linemen?
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I see that I have written Snotlings when they are in reality Gnoblars. I blame it on my inexperience with the Ogre team. Embarassed
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:
But isn't it free with low cost linemen?

I really like this idea
But sadly the text is "the Hiring Fee of that player is not included" in the Current Value
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the rule more closely and see that you are correct. I might have to change my skilling strategy and not mindlessly give them random agility skills as soon as they get an MVP.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:
No idea myself, but you can find the top coaches via this link, review their teams and even replays.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&d=2&r=4971

Wow I'm on page 7!
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

No shame on calling them Snotlings! After all they are the same as before basically.

Most of the coaches high on that ranking list haven’t played many games with ogres really.

I was carrying with a snot especially when at ag4. So you don’t take an ogre out of the protective layer. But snots go down so easily once someone gets a pop at them when the ogres bonehead.

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Another area of Ogre tactics that I'm trying to optimize is fouling.
I think fouling is very important to have a chance at getting enough removals and remove enemy key players. In theory it is almost always worth fouling with a Gnoblar
when you compare the potential TV loss but in reality it hurts a lot to lose players on the pitch to bans, even Gnoblars. So I only foul with good odds of breaking armour or against key players. Sneaky Git is feasible to obtain and change the equation to every turn fouling when Sneaky Git can reach a downed player. But where to take it further from here? For me it's difficult to obtain enough SPP on a Gnoblar to give it Dirty Player and it will probably be killed quickly anyway. Is it worth it with an Ogre dirty player or pile driver and to buy a bribe instead of a wizard/chainsaw?
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd really doubt it's worth it to regularly foul with Ogre

Just roll a random A-skill on any snots that get MVP, if they get Sneaky Git then foul with them as hard as you can as much as you can

If they don't get Sneaky Git, then probably fire and replace
Strider84

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2021 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

HI Chris,

a couple tips:

1. Carry with an Ogre, give him Break Tackle, then dodge. maybe save one ogre to go for a stat upgrade if you want to develop a long running team. give SG to the first snot with 6 spp, give DP to the first one after that with 8. then get sneaky git on him afterwards.

2. Don't throw around snotlings unless you really have to. they can get pretty far with dodging 2+ everywhere, and you want to avoid them killing themselves.

3. Foul a lot with snots as long as you still have 9 players or so on the field, lower then that you might risk not being able to score

4. carry with a snot for any drives with 2-3 turns, maybe even 4 turns.
 Jump to: