40 coaches online • Server time: 00:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think such a feature to avoid misclicked dodges would be usefull?
Yes
36%
 36%  [ 26 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 38 ]
Don't care
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 71

argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I almost threw away a game because of a misclick (the classic dodge that you would never do in life but sometimes when you select a player the mouse plays tricks). Since I've noticed that it doesn't happen only to me I thought of opening this forum trying to understand if it's a general problem or if we can live with it.

I was wondering if a possible solution could be some sort of dialogue box that asks for confirmation every time a player does this kind of action
- dodge requiring 4+
optional
- blocks with two or more dice in favour of the opponent

Dodge is definitely the most critical (it happens more often than when you select a ST5 AG1 player to make a 2 dice block and then due to a micro mouse movement the player moves instead of blocking : goodbye mummy Smile. But also during the match when you want to check the number of block dices so you "simulate" the block to see how many dices to roll and even there sometimes a dodge can happen)

I do not know how much is complicated to add such feature and if you think could be usefull or not?

Thanks again to everyone who is working on the development of the client, I will never get tired of saying thanks guys!!
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, but no. IMO the client holds the player's hand too much as it is. You need to be responsible for your own mistakes.

Agree that it sucks when you misclick, but the solution is to not misclick.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
Sorry, but no. IMO the client holds the player's hand too much as it is. You need to be responsible for your own mistakes.

Agree that it sucks when you misclick, but the solution is to not misclick.

I wouldn't call it a mistake but an accident.

It is also your responsibility to prevent a brick from falling on your head if you work on a construction site.But since you don't go looking for the brick, but it is the brick that falls and looks for you in a sneaky way then you put on your head an helmet. It's not like you're looking for the misclick. The misclick happens by accident. you DO NOT want to move. You want to block. But because HW/SW limitation result is DODGE.
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

At the end of the day, the client tries to reduce unnecessary wastes of time. Sometimes it does this through a heavy-handed approach. It will generally not give you the option of using dodge or not etc. for the same reason.

Fact of the matter is, you're asking to introduce what is largely an unncessary waste of time, which in itself would require time to test and implement. Sure, sometimes this might lead to mistakes. That is regrettable, and it would be unlikely to happen in a table top environment (on the plus side, the client is less likely to forget about skills or RRs etc.), but it's probably for the best, for an overall better experience for most people, most of the time.

YES. Sometimes this would be great. Potentially losing a match due to a misclick can suck, but it's part of the package of a smooth experience, and usually something that can be avoided by the person doing it, if they focus a bit more on it going forward.

I recently returned to the site after a long time, and I definitely activated and moved my players on accident. I still will sometimes declare a Blitz!, even though I was only considering it.

I'm doing less so now, and I think most people should be able to reduce misclicks overall, but I don't want my Khemri to be asked "are you sure?" every time they do anything that isn't a GFI or a block.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If it was an option that the user had to enable first in the client, then fine.
But it is all more work for the devs.

Maybe it would be safer all round to buy a new mouse/computer and be more careful.
You wouldn't want it to screw up when you were making a bank transfer. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think OP misclicked when creating the poll. I see no Pie option.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
If it was an option that the user had to enable first in the client, then fine.
But it is all more work for the devs.

Maybe it would be safer all round to buy a new mouse/computer and be more careful.
You wouldn't want it to screw up when you were making a bank transfer. Wink

unfortunately is not linked too much to the mouse. I tried also with a different more expensive mouse but the results is the same, you cannot avoid unwanted misclicked dodge.

Yes of course should be something easy to do I do not want at all to make the dev life harder Smile
For very critical move i use the keybord "M" and I am sure I select MOVEMENT. "S" and I am sure I stand up the "mummy" and not risck to standup AND MOVE. But not always is possible/convenient to use keyboard for the whole match,

Blood Bowl is a very critical game, one single big error can waste the total drive you know... so "if" is possible in my opinion would be nice. But naturally if it is only my opinion we stay as it is .
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
I think OP misclicked when creating the poll. I see no Pie option.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

No, would make games so much slower.

Also you cant misclick dodge if you declare to do 2d block.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I lost a team once when I hit "retire team" when I thought I was readying the team, then misclicked "yes" when it gave me the warning. Misclicks suck, but they happen.

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
No, would make games so much slower.

Also you cant misclick dodge if you declare to do 2d block.

in fact i mean mainly dodge misclick is the main topic not the block
forget it
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
I lost a team once when I hit "retire team" when I thought I was readying the team, then misclicked "yes" when it gave me the warning. Misclicks suck, but they happen.

misclick of this type can be corrected by admin is post sequence match . You can ask him to get back the team
misclick during a match can be catastrophic. Smile
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I should say, I do sympathize. I have had times when I phantom-click. Like a random twitch of my finger. Hasn't happened in a while, but definitely in shooters and the like. As you say, it's not something a better mouse or the like will fix.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

MiBasse wrote:
I should say, I do sympathize. I have had times when I phantom-click. Like a random twitch of my finger. Hasn't happened in a while, but definitely in shooters and the like. As you say, it's not something a better mouse or the like will fix.

This happen to me in very tough match: the pressure, the tension ... the stress of a long game on the razor's edge... Can happen, and usually happen in a very critical moment in the game where a serious mistake usually means: losing.

I agree with MerryZ block dice rarely is a misclick as you have to click AND click again
DODGE no. Dodge is sufficient a single click . And believe me when happen to a Mummy which fall down and go KO this is nothing nice

Ok the fluidity is important, but i think everybody would agree that would be nice to have such "security helmet"

The only reason I see not to implement this is too much effort for the developers which is totally understandable.

P,S) naturally the solution to implement a pop up dialog confirmation box is one way to implement this is not the unique. Poll question means : would you like to have "whatever SW/client countermeasures to reduce the risk to misclick a dodge?" How this be implemented I let developers to think about...
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2021 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya those do happen, but less often than bad roll that ruins the game ><

I want popup that asks me "did you really, REALLY want to do this ?" after snakes or quad skulls and then i can go back in time and do something else.
 Jump to: