51 coaches online • Server time: 19:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Worse passing (go figure), need to attack thralls BEFORE moving has been a pain, and the fact that savagery activates on 4+ when not blocking means I think vamps got nerfed in this edition.

Anything I'm missing?

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No, please.
NO.
Not again.
Another Vampire thread..............

Signed : Azur Van Helsing.
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Enjoy

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31780
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Dscore20 wrote:
Worse passing (go figure), need to attack thralls BEFORE moving has been a pain, and the fact that savagery activates on 4+ when not blocking means I think vamps got nerfed in this edition.

Anything I'm missing?

There's a debate. Some say that with animal savagery you are GUARANTEED your action while with the old ofab you were not.
Also, Pro is now 3+ so it is a much better skill for vamps.
Also also, you can now reroll more than once per turn.
Also also also, with off for a bite you rolled an injury roll. Now with animal savagery you roll armor first.
Also also also also, now vampires can support each other, while with ofab you could only bite thralls.
Finally, as Azur said, there's a million other threads about 2020 vamps Smile
It's up to you to decide.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

All I know is I've played 5 games with them and they are extremely challenging. I think it's much more difficult to need to bite/punch before moving rather than after. If the opponent can knock players away from the vamps you are forced to dodge thralls just so you can reliably move your vamps (you could punch a vamp... but how are you going to move that first vamp to get punched if they aren't near a thrall?). Also, the importance of the change from a 2+ for "safe" actions like moving to a 4+ cannot be overstated.
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 09:49 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Dscore20 wrote:

Anything I'm missing?

There's a debate. Some say that with animal savagery you are GUARANTEED your action while with the old ofab you were not.

You're only guaranteed your action if your players are packed, so they can support each other.
And that's the whole issue with vampires now in my experience. If they don't get wiped, if they stay packed, they are much better than before.
But if they get stomped or scattered, it's a gg wp. You just can't recover.

Whether Vampires are better than before on average is difficult to say (their average WR is not very different for now), but they are the ultimate wild card.

So it's all or nothing, but more often nothing than all, because it's still a team that starts without skills besides hypnogaze, low AV, average MA. And it's at least slightly harder than before to level up your vampires because of their passing nerf (it's a bit harder to score with them as well, because a vampire ball carrier moves on a 4+). So you have to rely on random skills on the linemen to have some arguments.

My current hypothesis is that they'll often struggle during their first season, but after a redraft/once their vampires are skilled, they can be amazing. Pro + blodge is going to be really strong. I think I also want some guard vampires, because they are blocking and staying in contact more often than before. Staying packed, with guard on ST4 players, could be the new meta for leagues that allow redrafting.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.sann0638.co.uk/vampires-in-bb2020/

Jump to: