34 coaches online • Server time: 10:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2021 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

FF = My N°1 Rule.
Foul First !
Picking up the ball as a Khemri player is always a challenge...

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 05:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:
Wolbum wrote:
Jimrod wrote:
Hi guys,

Quick question on etiquette... I played a match where it was going badly for my opponent, many injuries etc and I was a goal up early in the second half and in running distance of the line. Was little my opponent could do and he started saying I should just run the clock down to turn 8 rather than score as I did. Saying "dick move" etc. In the end it cost me a third touchdown as I said I wasn't aware of this etiquette being recently back after a long time off.

Is that the done thing? I am not great at BB and am more often than not getting my share of thorough drubbings, I don't recall anyone not scoring unless to hold a lead and attack players (which I think is harsher if anything!). I don't even foul! I'm now thinking I should have just scored the 3rd TD, I recently lost 4-0 from a similar position after elves beat up my Khorne. Very Happy

I think I found the match you are referring to and let me just say that you are in no way required to withold touchdowns in any way shape or form. Slaughter and foul the opponent till they are all squashed red smudge pixels on the pitch. Hell, I T16 foul and mangle opponents teams to the end if given the chance. It is part and parcel of BB.

You keep doing you Jim.

It is a little against the etiquette to FOUL on Turn 16 if you are the 2nd team to go... maybe not if you rare the team that reaches Turn 16 1st.

But if you can earn any SPPS doing what you are going to do... it is never against the etiquette.

To each their own. If I see a valuable player within line of hitting range, I will foul them. All the more satisfaction if they get crippled. I only got one opponent genuinely angry over this after I killed his werewolf on his rookie team. However I recently niggled a MB blitzer into retirement and the opponent didn't even acknowledge it sans a GG.

I agree to each their own.
But you have to be able to get Coaches to AGREE to play you.
That kind of move will get you Blacklisted by several Coaches and that hurt YOU and the number of games you get to play.

So by all means be that way. But you only hurt yourself.

On the other hand, if you Block an opponent and score SPPS on it... nobody really complains about that.
But fouling on Turn 16 when it is not something that can help you WIN does not make you a more popular opponent.

If it could be considered something you had to do to secure a WIN or TIE then nobody should complain.
For example... I have 1 guy that could score if I can Pass or Hand-Off the ball to him. You knock him down and foul him to keep him down or send him to the bench. You have to foul him. Totally cool.
Same guy is just lying there on Turn 16 and the game is over and you Foul him and it is a meaningless act that will not affect the game. Not cool. A real Eggplant of a move actually.

That is the Etiquette that most Coaches follow. Like it or not. Them's the FACTS.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
Catalyst32 wrote:

It is a little against the etiquette to FOUL on Turn 16 if you are the 2nd team to go... maybe not if you rare the team that reaches Turn 16 1st.

That's not true. There is no etiquette about T16 fouls.

I guess you don't know.
Bellenrode

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 08:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Catalyst32 wrote:

The consensus I know of is that you are free to foul on turn 16.

In fact, it's encouraged ("fouling on turn 16 is a sign of respect") AND can be meaningful in case you ever run against that particular team again in the future.

Catalyst32 wrote:
That is the Etiquette that most Coaches follow. Like it or not. Them's the FACTS.

Maybe around your table or whatever place you frequent, but it is not an objective truth. Like it or not.
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

+1 with Thierry, Bellenrode and other mates here : you are absolutely free to foul on turn 16.
There is no etiquette nor any consensus on Fumbbl against that.
More than 1000 games played here, and I never heard about such a thing, despite my fouling habits Smile
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Your opponent was clearly out of line calling this out as a dick move. That being said, if my opponent is badly battered and clearly wishing the match was over, I tend to offer them to just click through the remaining turns. Most are happy to do this. On one memorable occasion though, the coach politely declined. Gotta admire that spirit!
stowelly

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

money is tied to score. score as much as you can
blocknroll

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

verminardo, is it ok to do that in C?
stowelly

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

"Do not discuss or agree on in-game events. This includes agreeing on not fouling or behaviour that implies an agreement such as clicking end turn for a significant part of the game." https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

stowelly wrote:
"Do not discuss or agree on in-game events. This includes agreeing on not fouling or behaviour that implies an agreement such as clicking end turn for a significant part of the game." https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=help&op=rules

Happy 16th-turn fouling, guys!!! Very Happy
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing official on t16 fouls and it is part of the game which I occasionally do myself. There should always be danger in the match.

But for etiquette many people choose not to do it as some opponents get upset about it.

I think there are actually rules against clicking end turn without doing actions. Maybe they are vague ones on playing competitively. Not a big deal if it is t16 and no one can score.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You are allowed to do anything which is not against FUMBBL and Blood Bowl rules.
No rule forbids T16 fouls, so you can do them. Everybody is entitled to have his opinion about the T16 fouls, but it's not relevant.
One purpose of the rules is to avoid endless debates based on personal opinions and preferences.

Last edited by MattDakka on Nov 26, 2021 - 12:29; edited 1 time in total
Azur

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 12:29 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
One purpose of the rules is to avoid endless debates based on personal opinions and preferences.

words of wisdom.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

How is that working out for ya? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2021 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

For the newcomers, here are some usual pics of Matt and Koadah meeting each other on the forum:
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71COBIjkVxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/a-grizzly-surprise-philip-r-goodwin.jpg

But in fact, they LOVE each other
https://d3m7xw68ay40x8.cloudfront.net/assets/2018/09/24113127/01BITD_BearHugs.jpg
https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.timetoast.com/public/uploads/photo/4862448/image/02eaed1fe13aae5b06a2f27e3a42908f
 Jump to: