43 coaches online • Server time: 15:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fu

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I'm playing Humans in a BB2 league, I have performed very well in the first matches and now I find myself 150-200k TV above most of the teams, so I'm considering firing the Ogre in order to shorten 80k the difference and face not so many Wizards. The Ogre hasn't done a lot and has only 2 spp, and I think I can work without him the following matches (dwarves, high elves, amazons, necromantic).

Opinions?

Last edited by fu on Nov 24, 2021 - 16:27; edited 1 time in total
Joost

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I think he can be fired. I think they're good on a starting human team, but as soon as you get some guard on the team they should be kicked out to stay effective.
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

If thats the order you are playing in I would definitely keep him for the dwarf game. Probably will be useful against zons as well (forces them to dodge loads) and necros (can tie up a golem), but both those teams can take advantage of wizards quite well also. So, either fire him before the elf game or take the hit that game and use him for the others.

Ogres arent there to cause damage, they are just hard to knock down without a lot of player investment, so its about building mismatches in other parts of the pitch in your favour by tying up at least two opposition players every turn.

On the other hand, if you are winning the league easily anyway, just do what you want as it probably wont matter regardless.
fu

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

uzkulak wrote:
If thats the order you are playing in I would definitely keep him for the dwarf game. Probably will be useful against zons as well (forces them to dodge loads) and necros (can tie up a golem), but both those teams can take advantage of wizards quite well also. So, either fire him before the elf game or take the hit that game and use him for the others.

Ogres arent there to cause damage, they are just hard to knock down without a lot of player investment, so its about building mismatches in other parts of the pitch in your favour by tying up at least two opposition players every turn.

On the other hand, if you are winning the league easily anyway, just do what you want as it probably wont matter regardless.

Keeping him against dwarves mean the difference between wizard or not, and he may earn the mvp. I'm not scared about that match because I will have a significant Guard advantage, I think I can score quickly in my drive, and hold the front with guard and pressure their back on their drives. I guess I could come back from a wizard if I keep the Ogre either, so I guess I have to make more of a long term decision.

Against faster/flexible teams like Zons and Necro I think the Wizard is quite dangerous, my speed won't buy me easy TDs, and they can turn you drive in a TD for them. Besides, it is very uncomfortable to play against Wizard, you don't know when is your opponent going to use it, so your plans can got wrecked anytime and you definetely shouldn't cage, something you can forget or get forced to do easily.
XpherAndTheAxes

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2021 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

ogres do indeed need fire.
id be terrified of a 12 foot tall creature on fire.
didnt bother to read the thread, just thought id be useless Very Happy
 Jump to: