25 coaches online • Server time: 03:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mekutata

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2021 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

XXL Idolz is a reality TV show produced by XXXL.
Participants undergo professional Blood Bowl training and compete for minor league teams in short tournaments.
The tournament's best players gain the opportunity to become professional and join a XXXL team.

The current season 1 Rumble in the Jungle featuring Forest Goblins is about to finish soon and plans for the next season are being made already.

The next XXL Idolz tournament will be held in 2022 and focus on one of four possible new XXL races.

☆ Goblin Cheaters: based on Stunty Leeg and updated to bb20
☆ Necromancer Horror Goblins: based on dead Goblins
☆ Bad Land Mercenaries: based on Black Orcs but without rude Orcs, features customizable gang leaders
☆ Warpstone Cultists: Underworld without stinky rats but also no limit on Big Guys

ImageImageImageImage

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2022 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

XXL Idolz I: Rumble in the Jungle finished with Java's Jumbled in the Rumbles winning against 13 other Forest Goblin teams.

The team qualified for XXL Idolz final season to compete against the winners of Idolz II (Goblin Cheaters), III (Bad Land Mercenaries) and IV (TBA).
Additionally the tournament's best players joined XXXL's playermarket.

Recruitment for XXL Idolz II has started.

XXL Goblin Cheaters
Swiss Round Robin (7 matchdays) with separate final between the two teams with most points.
Matchday length 1 week.
BB 20 Rules with BB16 skill progression.
Fouls add +1 to injury if not interfered.
SPP Fouls (1 SPP for causing or suffering a CAS due foul)

You can view the tournament's roster at the XXL leeg page.

Coaches interested to join may contact mekutata.

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2022 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

XXL Idolz II with two matchdays left to play.
It's probably save to say that this is the most brutal tournament on national Cabal-Vision so far. In brutal Cheaters tradition many hard fought games ended with decisive pitch clears.

Currently dominated by Squigadir who already qualified for the tournament's final with a sensational run of 6 wins in 6 games without suffering a single Touchdown. That coach must cheat!
Three remaining teams (Best Little Friends, Cheese Cutters Conspiracy, Saw You Earlier Bomb You Later) can still make the 2nd place, to challenge the Squig in the final.
But only one of these teams will make it to the grand season final where all XXL Idolz winners will face off against each other.

Next XXL Idolz will be announced soon and feature crazed out Warpstone Cultists!

And we are also already about to start our 2nd XXL Smack, a parallel running fast Double Elimination tournament format for Goblin teams. Coaches just need their regular fix!

So if you are keen to join a thriving Goblin community, XXXL and their minor XXL leegs can offer you quite some games now. It's quite a rich experience with an active discord.

Here some random voices from our coaches.

"Playing goblin on goblin has reminded me whats so great about BB."

"ok, I'm not 100% sure of the rules
but I'm 100% sure this is my favourite league to play"

"That’s just ridiculous. I’m lost for words"

"I also wanted to say a big thank you to Nuffle for letting me join XXL and all. It has been great fun and puts Goblins in their rightful place at the centre of Blood Bowl!"

"stupid stupid fun"

And then there is a secret, secret side project about some Italian Goblins (and Halflings?) "playing" while being lost in the dark woods.

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2022 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

those last XXL tournaments were awesome! We need moar : )
 Jump to: