37 coaches online • Server time: 10:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2021 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In the client it is possible to see who caused a players death or injury. It says something like player X was blocked or fouled by player Y in turn Z.
Would it be possible to add to the forum info about who killed a player and how? When looking at a dead players bio it could say was fouled by player X for example.
ArthurWynne

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2021 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Not every coach would be interested in having this sort of information in their player bios.

For some teams, they might even have a very spesific use in mind for their bios which would be disrupted by things like this. (Grand Celestial Delegate for example, used to have poems in all of their players' bios elaborating on their names.)

That's entirely apart from technical issues - from my understanding, an automated system that edited the text of player bios (as opposed to the predefined fields like rushing yards etc.) in this way after every game would be non-trivial to implement, and there is already a lot of work associated with implementing the new ruleset on FUMBBL so things like this are unlikely to be prioritized any time soon.

But of course you are welcome to keep track of this information and add it to the bios of your own players - the bios of dead and retired players can still be edited.
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2021 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it could be kept separate from the bio text that you can edit yourself like in its own box. I don't know anything about programming so I don't know how hard it is to implement.
I have seen that some coaches add a list of enemy players killed in their players bios. This would also be nice if it could be shown automatically. Maybe with possibility to turn it off for coaches who don't like it.
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2021 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The client already shows who killed players when you hover over them in the box a tooltip will show up.

Automation of this into a bio I'm sure is low priority given all the new rules and low amount of programmers, and tbh really easy to do yourself - I often maintain a list of injured players in my bios.

All for putting this stuff in the bios ofc - after you set it up, it's really just copy/pasting while watching the replay, which you should do anyhow Wink

Something like this works for me

Here's info on BBcode:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=notes&op=view&id=1
https://fumbbl.com/help:Advanced_bbcode

but feel free to drop me a line on discord if you want some quick copy/paste code to mess about with Smile

Last edited by Rbthma on Dec 31, 2021 - 19:21; edited 4 times in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 31, 2021 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, I would advice making the death a bit more 'purple'

"While lying ingloriously on the pitch, after tripping on his own shoelace, Karl Van Heisman was gently kicked by a passing goblin. The sharp point of the goblin's boot unbelievably missed all Karl's armour and punctured his carotid artery, resulting in gush of life fluid a spectating vampire referenced as 'the most beautiful thing I ever saw', so, no Ma'am, Karl will not be having any of your pot roast, but I'm free!"