75 coaches online • Server time: 21:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fu

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2022 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I manage a tourney and I have a question:
- If I have to manage a non played match, how do I distribute the SPP? Is it random?

Thx and kind regards
Hovring

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2022 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In all tourneys I have participated in no teams get SPP from forfeited games. If you want to compensate you could roll two random MVP or something like that.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2022 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

In general, no SPP are given from forfeited games. If you have a 1M tournament, early forfeits can be crushing unless you give out a little cash and some SPP. In my TT league, while we try not to have them, bye rounds might be necessary: we make up for them with a "ceremonial match" in which a chosen TD is awarded to any rostered player with hands, winnings are granted based on an opposing FF 0 (so D3+DF *5k) and a 1-0 win (+10k), and an MVP is awarded; DF does not change. We're talking about clearing MNGs, but if we do, we're considering some mechanic for shenanigans or weirdness to add some risk to the bye rounds: can't speak to what precisely we'll do and could only speculate on how it would turn out. Bye rounds usually apply to everybody, so no VP are given, but if there are some teams with byes and some without you may need to use W% or VP/game, or allow an extra match at the end for teams with byes (in which case you should not award winnings or SPP for the bye itself, and you may want to consider the competitive implications of who gets the bye rounds and when). Playoff byes are different: in the NBFL, they award no cash or SPP or anything, but teams with byes (the top seeds) get MNGs cleared, as a reward for having a great season.

If there's a forfeit for a drop, we try to replace the coach as fast as possible and allow missed games to be made up, offering "ceremonial matches" as above if this is not possible. Replacing a coach on FUMBBL is much easier, and should always be your first priority, on TT it's harder.