17 coaches online • Server time: 07:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Joeodessa

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I am looking for a simple way to play my off line league game from my "home office" during these times of reduced personal contacts.
Is it possible to freely configure player for a team and then set a game with my opponent, who does the same ? Basically enter our offline league teams in their current development status and then play?
Did not find or come across that in my use of fumbbl so far.

thanks for the help
koadah

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

If you "Create a New Group" from your homepage,
Edit its "Group Info" and set "Group type" to "League" instead of "Meta Group",
You should be able to edit teams and players that belong to that group.

Some help is here: https://fumbbl.com/help:CreateLeague

Hope fully someone has a link to help on editing players.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you. Indeed I still need some advice to edit the skills and status of the players. I suppose this should be possible within a league (by the league staff?) But how? Was klicking aorund and did not find anything
mekutata

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Joeodessa wrote:
Thank you. Indeed I still need some advice to edit the skills and status of the players. I suppose this should be possible within a league (by the league staff?) But how? Was klicking aorund and did not find anything

You can edit a player's skills as admin.
Click on the player's name, as admin you can now alter XPP (experienced Star Player Points) and SS (spent SP points).
Edit Skills to edit/add skills, ramchop wrote a blog post about basic admin stuff in fumbbl20. Beware, admin altered injuries are still bb16 and won't be recognized by the client if you play in bb20 rule set.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2022 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Also you might need to Magic Fix the team of the edited player.
You'll find this option on a team page when you hover over Admin.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you mekutata,
but how to become admin? I created my group. Now I seem to be the "manager" of the group. Searching for the term admin seems to reveal that this refers to the site admins (monkeys, gorillas and silver backs), where there is mention of adjusting skills. But for my own group/league?
When klicking around in my group/team I can not find a way to do that.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 08:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You are a 'group manager' of the League page, but a 'manager' of the 'Ruleset' you use to play. If you make a new 'ruleset', that ruleset's manager can add skills to any player. Then you make a new league using that ruleset ID number. (note your new ruleset's ID number) You can now add any skill, SPP, and icon to any player.

https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset

Not a great explanation, sorry, but it's the bits we use in custom league to get any matchup we want.

Post   Posted: Jan 11, 2022 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

This can be hairy stuff. Hopefully, one day someone will get around to creating a full and up to date guide. Smile

Currently you cannot edit the players because your group's group type is set to "meta group." You need to change that to "League" on the "Edit Group Info" page.
You may not see the "ruleset id" field until you set your group to being a "league".

You don't necessarily need to worry about managing rulesets to edit players. If you can live with 2020 rules and 15 game seasons, enter 4 for the "ruleset id" on the "Edit Group Info" page. That is the standard Fumbbl 2020 ruleset.

The details for ruleset 4 are here.

That should be enough to get you going editing players.

Jump to: