19 coaches online • Server time: 03:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RDaneel

Post 5 Posted: Jun 21, 2023 - 11:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I open this forum thread to elaborate a bit more on the 1TTD already showed in this link
https://fumbbl.com/help:OTT

The purpose is educational: to collect some real game examples of Successful 1TTD and to discuss if the defense/attack set up was optimal and/or could be better.

Example 1)
(2RR available for Skaven)
sh: sure hand, SS: side step, B: Block, G: Guard

step1: set up and 1st move

Step2: move

Step3 (Blitz)

Step4 (Block) and pushback

Step5 (Block) and if possible Pow

Step6 pickup and handover

Step7 dodge, rush , rush

Here the critical part is the handover to 5+ (step6)

Comments/questions
-------------------
in your opinion
a) is the Human-Catcher SideStep position in the LoS correct?
b) Could the defender have placed his team better?
c) Could attacker find a way to make handover at 4+? ( or in general avoid to do action at 5+)?

Fell free to post other examples on this forum of successfully executed 1TTDs if you like the idea to discuss more the topic
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2023 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

If you havent checked yet, there is this ->

https://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=31502

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2023 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you. Will mark.
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2023 - 22:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The attacker might be able to find a 4+ handoff seeing as that what it starts as lol

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2023 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Defender could have swapped his blitzer to put the guard where he's effective.

The assist from the Wrestle gutter should have been setup from the start, not after a move imo.
RDaneel

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2023 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thoriin wrote:
Defender could have swapped his blitzer to put the guard where he's effective.

The assist from the Wrestle gutter should have been setup from the start, not after a move imo.

Merci for the very useful feedback Thorin!

good remark... I presume you want to suggest to place in pos1 (at the place of Ogre) so to support the second block (pos2 is ininfluent for the handover till 5+)

Even if this set up could be easily countered by the Skaven GT Blitzer whou could be moved to support +2D
but yes you are right the human G blitzed is totally passive.

SRW Gutter assist: I think here Skaven wanted to keep one degree of freedom, anyway movement is for free Smile
wintergreen13

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2023 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

sidestep gutter is the easiest one-turn setup available, so I wouldn't say this is a difficult puzzle. this particular defensive setup does make it challenging to get a 3rd push so would be good against teams with only mv8, but as is apparent it only forces a 3+, 2+, 2+ to score once the first two pushes are complete (handoff could have been first action, handing to the gutter on a 4+ as jimmy points out). not sure what the first move accomplishes, bringing the linerat around back.

most important thing i learned recently (thanks to asteflix pointing out my error in a match) is to get players in place for the third and fourth blocks before making the second one (where you begin pushing the intended scorer forward) since the opposing player being used in the pushes exerts tzs and can get in the way.
TheGe

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2023 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Can get an easy 3rd push for a 2+ handoff by positionning on lino just upward the stepper gutter
Malmir

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2023 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

wintergreen13 wrote:
sidestep gutter is the easiest one-turn setup available, so I wouldn't say this is a difficult puzzle. this particular defensive setup does make it challenging to get a 3rd push so would be good against teams with only mv8, but as is apparent it only forces a 3+, 2+, 2+ to score once the first two pushes are complete (handoff could have been first action, handing to the gutter on a 4+ as jimmy points out). not sure what the first move accomplishes, bringing the linerat around back.

most important thing i learned recently (thanks to asteflix pointing out my error in a match) is to get players in place for the third and fourth blocks before making the second one (where you begin pushing the intended scorer forward) since the opposing player being used in the pushes exerts tzs and can get in the way.

That's good advice - it's tricky but if you can try to visualise what the pitch will look like each step of the way before you begin the whole turn it makes misplacing people much less likely. Doing that does make my brain hurt though.
yudlugar

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2023 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtcCyDN7xnY

Should be this method against that set up
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2023 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

just showing a one turn attempt that's hard to even see at the start of the turn. note that these are SL teams; the blue guy that gets pushed has sidestep. All the nurgle players have a base MA of 5, the great unclean one has 2, but the one that picks up the ball has +MA +MA

yes, I know it doesn't succeed, but thought people might be interested just to see the set up.

sann0638

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2023 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's my compilation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkSVq0XHLM

Jump to: