38 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabble

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently the game does not cause a turn over to the active player with either the chainsaw or the bomb.

The goblin with chainsaw Fall Over prone due to his own chainsaw, no turnover happened

The goblin with the bomb hit himself Fall Over with his own bomb prone, no turnover happened.

As far as I know, there is no special rule on the book for neither chainsaw nor bomb that overcomes the general rule that if a player from your team Fall Over during your turn it is a Turnover. Unlike Throwing Team mate, that specifically says it doesn't do unless the thrown player had the ball.[/img]
Gnoblar

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I've not got the rule book to hand but secret weapons don't cause turnovers this edition unless you knock over your player and they have the ball. Means you can saw first action and if he kills himself your turn doesn't end.

Is it under the secret weapon skill listing in the rule book maybe?
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2022 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

FAQ clarified rolling a 1 with a chainsaw does not cause a turn over. Can't remember off the top of my head about bombardier.

Its not in the secret Weapon rule though i dont think... pretty sure that had nearly no text now. maybe its in the bomardier skill or turn over section?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Chainsaw description in the original rule book explicitly states that a kick back only results in a turn over if the armour is broken AND the chainsaw player was holding the ball.

The Bombardier description was updated by the Designer's Commentary from Nov 2021 that hit players are placed prone which does not cause turnovers unless one of the affected players on the active team was holding the ball.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The rulebook makes it clear that a Turnover only occurs when a player "Falls Over" or "Knocked Down" these are two special keywords that trigger a Turnover.

There is a third keyword called "Placed Prone" that does not cause a turnover unless they were carrying the ball.

The rulebook uses these distinctions to make clear what actions cause a turnover or not.

The Chainsaw special skill clearly uses the "Prone" keyword to prevent a turnover.

Bombardier was similarly updated in the Designers Commentary. This was intentional to buff secret weapons and the goblin team, both which have been seen to be a bit weak.
Rabble

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the insight on the topic!
Malmir

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2022 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I had it today with a troll who vomited on himself and stunned himself but my oppos turn didn't end. I'd assumed it would which now buffs the skill in my opinon.
Kransky

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2022 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
I had it today with a troll who vomited on himself and stunned himself but my oppos turn didn't end. I'd assumed it would which now buffs the skill in my opinon.

It's the same dealio. If it's a "wacky thing that goblins do" (Vomit, Always Hungry, Bomb, TTM, Chainsaw) then it probably won't cause a turnover.

Otherwise we'd end up in a situation where the goblin team never does any of the crazy stuff for fear of failure, and where is the fun in that?
 Jump to: