53 coaches online • Server time: 19:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nabolo

Post 5 Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all! I wanted to remove one of my 4 rrolls in the middle of a season. But I was answered it is forbidden. I asked why? And I was answered to point out what, in the rule book, would allow it.

I never doubted I could remove a rroll so I’m surprised by the answered I got. Could you confirm this is legit? Or help me prove otherwise? Thanks a lot!
Garion26

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I don’t have a rule quote to hand but I would assume allowed.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a house rule for your league. Official rules allow for it
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Could you provide where ? I’ve got an answer from Coach on bbtactics who say they don’t
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

There's no mention of removing team rerolls in the post-game sequence of the rules (unless it's in an errata). It just mentions players and sideline staff. I guess it's a matter of interpretation if that means you can or cannot remove rerolls.
It wont be the first time something isn't specifically explained in the rules.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

So I've been back through the book an to my surprise it isn't explicitly stated. You definitely can change the number of Rerolls at redraft so arguably worst case is you early redraft to make that change.

The way it covers buying Rerolls mid season is the same as the way it talks about hiring Apos, cheerleaders, Assistant Coaches etc. They language is identical and doesn't not mention dropping any of them. (Page 34)

Later on page 76 is where it eventually mentioned you can fire staff. No mention of RRs. So it may be right that you can't sell Rerolls mid-season, but there is an argument to say it's by inadvertent omission rather than design
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

As a side note, it talks about the option to Fire Sideline Staff which includes Apos, Cheerleaders, Assistant Coaches and...yourself. So technically you could fire yourself as coach and give the team a new coach to play your games for you Very Happy
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I wanted to post exactly what C0ddlefish just said.
Nabolo

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2022 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot for your input as I don’t have a rule book at hand at the moment. And I was up to ask what it says for staff.
Can you quote what it says regarding the firing of staff ? And also the definition of rroll ?thanks a lot ! (And p34 too ?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2022 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
but there is an argument to say it's by inadvertent omission rather than design

Preposterous! The new rulebook is flawlessly written! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2022 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Worth submitting for the FAQ bloodbowlfaq@gwplc.com
badger89

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2022 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

thought it would be up to you if you what the re-roll or not.

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2022 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot for your input as I don’t have a rule book at hand at the moment. And I was up to ask what it says for staff.
Can you quote what it says regarding the firing of staff ? And also the definition of rroll ?thanks a lot ! (And p34 too ?
Medon

Post   Posted: Feb 21, 2022 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
You definitely can change the number of Rerolls at redraft so arguably worst case is you early redraft to make that change.

Would an early redraft be allowed by the rulebook then? I assumed this could only happen at season end.
 Jump to: