60 coaches online • Server time: 20:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2022 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you use a team reroll on a failed regeneration roll?

Ok, a player fails a dodge and takes a CAS. Then he regens but fails. A turnover happens when all the dice regarding the current action have been rolled. So after the regen a turnover occurs. So, if you'd want to reroll the failed regen, you are still considered as the active team, and thus could reroll the regen. Regen is also not mentioned as one of the rolls that can't be rerolled (bounce, deviation, scatter, armour, injury, casualty)

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Malmir

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2022 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

You're just trolling right?
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2022 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:
You're just trolling right?

No, I am qenuinely asking. I've come across this discussion elsewhere and the consensus have been RAW so you could reroll the regen.

ThierryM wrote:
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2022 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

This topic raises further questions. Could you also reroll:
1) the crowd Throw-in?
2) the interception of a bomb, which was first caught by the opposition player and then thrown back at you?
3) the catch of the same bomb thrown at you?
4) the direction of Ball & chain?

ThierryM wrote:
mekutata

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2022 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:

4) the direction of Ball & chain?

Fungus can/will be able to reroll one B&C movement.

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2022 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can re-roll it Then why do they have Igor as an inducement?
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2022 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

We used to use TRR for B&C direction when needed.

As written there are lots of edge cases such as Regen and Bribes that possible allow TRR to be used if it is still your turn.

Lyracian.
Willownen

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2022 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

VillainousIntent wrote:
If you can re-roll it Then why do they have Igor as an inducement?

Igor allows you to reroll it during your opponents turn too. Or not waste a team RR on it.

I too have taken part in a similar discussion, and the consensus was the same. RAW allows for regen to be rerolled on your own turn.
Pfinferno

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

This guy isn't wrong. You can reroll skills like pro, chainsaw etc. Why can you not RAW reroll regen? The dice you can't reroll are very clear. Can't reroll scatters, deviates or bounces and can't reroll armor, injury and casualty rolls.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

well if you can reroll regen, can you reroll failed apoth roll?

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2022 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

No. You can't reroll a Casualty roll (Apo is not worded as a reroll) and you can't reroll a roll your opponent makes.
BigChiefSittingDuck

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2022 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, maybe you could reroll the Regen if it doesn't contradict the usual rule that says you cannot reroll something more than once? Something like Chainsaw is obviously ok because there you are only rerolling something once. You can't for example reroll a failed dodge if the player just used the Dodge skill (i.e. the opponent did not have the tackle skill). I guess it depends how you interpret Regen - you could view that as already rerolling an injury result, so you can't do it twice. OR some might say the Regen itself is the first roll of it's kind. Not very clear - a question for Lame Orkshop. Although to be honest they could do with sorting out a lot of other stuff first, starting with the ridiculously bad new passing rules!

Last edited by BigChiefSittingDuck on Mar 29, 2022 - 20:21; edited 1 time in total
Kransky

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2022 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah there is a list I like to call “Things you should totally not be able to team or pro re-roll but are totally legal as written”

Jopotzuki listed most of them, and the regen re-roll also needs a FAQ. The other case I know about is the 4+ to knock friendly/enemy players over with a bomb.

These have been sent into GW for a clear faq but not dealt with.
PainState

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2022 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

well, if a team reroll in spirit is to be used to prevent your team from having a turnover. then why not just make a list that says these are the actions a team reroll can be used on....

failed block
failed pickup/catch
failed pass

Iam sure the list could be expanded but in the end a team reroll, in spirit once again, is to prevent a turn over and losing your turn. if a failed action DOES NOT create a turnover then a team/pro reroll cannot be used.

it seems simple but then again Iam just a freshman level rules lawyer at Blood Bowl.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2022 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
well, if a team reroll in spirit is to be used to prevent your team from having a turnover. then why not just make a list that says these are the actions a team reroll can be used on....

failed block
failed pickup/catch
failed pass

Iam sure the list could be expanded but in the end a team reroll, in spirit once again, is to prevent a turn over and losing your turn. if a failed action DOES NOT create a turnover then a team/pro reroll cannot be used.

it seems simple but then again Iam just a freshman level rules lawyer at Blood Bowl.

I'm not exactly on team "you should be able to reroll regen", but I feel like your initial assumption is flawed. Rerolling blocks into POWs or into pushes (for surfing or OTTD) is a pretty integral part of the game and does not otherwise produce turnovers.
 Jump to: