65 coaches online • Server time: 21:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, so I have a question about Fan Factor in the first four LRBs. I'm writing a piece on the math of Fan Factor and I want to throw in some historical analysis, going back to 3e (before 3e, the game is just so different that comparison isn't all that valuable).

Was the 3e Fan Factor and Gate system altered in any of the first four Living Rulebooks? I mean, FAMe was LRB5, but IIRC the 3e dynamic didn't really change until then. I played lots of 3e, and I remember when the LRB was first put forth, it led to a little BB renaissance in my town, for a couple months. But while I do remember reading the others and playing a little, my TT group collapsed in an other-than-amicable way, and all my games in LRBs 2-4 were pick-up.

I'd love any help on this topic. Given what I know now, I'm going to phrase 2020's DF/FF rules as sort of a compromise between 3e and LRB5/6/CRP/BB2. But if there were other rules in the meantime that I just don't remember, I'd like to include them in the segment.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't remember there being any changes from 3rd ed, but perhaps I was just lazy, letting the client do all the calculations. I think fouls used to count as cas in order to give you +1 to your FF roll (for having 2 cas in a game), which didn't happen in later versions (or perhaps it was just a mis-interpretation on my behalf).

I can email you LRB 3 pdf if you like?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

PM sent. Thanks.